Dell wireless adapter

tazangel52

I have a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 laptop 11.3". The other day the wireless connection stopped working all together. I am assuming the wireless adapter bit the dust. Any idea how much it cost to fix it. Or could I get a USB wireless adapter ?

Darren

Staff member
Right click on your start button and go to Device Manager. Under network adapters, expand it. What is listed under there? Any exclamation points or anything look amiss?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So are you even seeing the wireless connection icon down by the clock? Can other devices connect to the wireless?

tazangel52

I can connect my phone and my kindle to the house Wi-Fi but not my laptop anymore. When I try to connect it says can no connect to this network

Darren

Staff member
Right click on the device in task manager and uninstall it. Reboot. This sometimes is enough of a driver refresh to fix problems.

Otherwise try a fresh install of newest drivers from manufacturer. Also if you can try going somewhere else like a cafe with free WiFi and test it there.

tazangel52

I even reinstalled Windows .And it still didn't work. All that happened is that I lost a bunch of apps and programs, my bad because I was frustrated and leapt before I thought

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What is the exact model of laptop you have? You most likely have the wrong driver installed since you said originally it was dell and now it says qualcomm. A wrong driver will cause this.

tazangel52

The laptop is a Dell inspiration 2-in-1 the wireless adapter was a Quallcomm but when I in installed it and went reinstall it. It installed a Dell wireless instead of the Quallcomm

tazangel52

When the wireless stopped working(even tho it said it was working properly). It was the Quallcomm,which is what the laptop came with. After I uninstalled that , and tried to reinstall it, the Dell wireless was installed instead. I dont know what happened to the Quallcomm

strollin

I realize that he said that and it seems to defy logic but rebooting the router in a situation like this often fixes the issue and makes it so that all devices are able to connect. It certainly couldn't hurt for the OP to try it.