Dell wireless adapter

tazangel52

The router has been rebooted. And the laptop is still not going online . The phones and tablets and other laptops go online with no problem.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Let me ask you this. When you try to connect to your network, what is the signal strength for your network? I still need an exact model number of your dell or at least a service tag number. This is still possibly a driver issue. Just saying dell 2 in 1 doesn't help. Need an exact model number or service tag number.

tazangel52

The router has been rebooted and the laptop in question is still not going online .All the other laptops,phones and tablets are with no problem

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download it from a different pc, transfer it to a usb flash drive, plug the drive into the laptop, run the file.

tazangel52

The dialog box that comes up gives me 3 choices.
Modify, repair or remove. How come not install? I already uninstalled the one on my laptop

tazangel52

When I clicked on remove a dialog box came up and said ,in the process of removing g, " Bluetooth suit The excited ProductVersion is higher than your Product Version.
Installation quit"

tazangel52

Ok installation of driver done. And it still doesn't work. Must not be a driver issue. I will be buying a usb wireless adapter today from Best Buy. Hope that gets me online.

Darren

Staff member
Did you ever actually try it on a different network? I bet the card is just dead but that's super easy to check.

Darren

Staff member
And I don't think it's the network. All the other laptops ,phones,and tablets in the house go online with no problem.
Most likely not but I'd prefer be wrong about it than spend $30 on an adapter you don't need.

Replace the WiFi card. USB dongles on laptops are always a hassle.