Destruction of English

Motoxrdude

Yea, some people are even worse then that translator. Its so bad that you cant understand any of it, its almost another language. But yea, i think it is the rust starting to form on the english language.

OvenMaster

VIP Member
You guys should see some of the blogs on Yahoo 360! My God, they're just terrible. I get a headache trying to read some of that $hit. And these people are the future of this country? God help us.
Tom

youtin

It's actually OK for me if it's used on text messages, but it's pretty hard to read on screens bigger than the regular cellphone.

As long as they don't use that kind of language on English composition papers, I could let it pass..

I heard some kids submit essays in abbreviated language :eek:

mrbagrat

banned
I'm (around) that age and I don't speak like that...do I?

EDIT: Want to destroy it even more? Plug your AOLed phrase into this:

http://www.brenz.net/l337Maker.asp

Time to destroy english!

TIEM 2 DESTROY 3NGLISH!!!! WTF LOL

713/\/\ 2 d357R0'/ 3|\|9L15|-|!!!! \/\/7pH L0L

Last edited:

ChrisDVD

i am almsot wonder if all this chat things with 'u' and 'r' and swearing will destroy a language, and the over abuse of 'lol'.

Chris

34erd

I have a math report due tomorrow, I really want to translate it and turn in it like that to see what my teacher does.

Beyond

34erd said:
I have a math report due tomorrow, I really want to translate it and turn in it like that to see what my teacher does.

if you do, make sure to let us know :p

ChrisDVD

And also, i don't think it's english only, French too. My friend, when she chats, it is so hard to understand sometime, and yet, she has 93% in composition, ironic! :p

Dr Studly

banned
lol, thats gay... but seriously it is more like a bunch of teenage girls i know,not a 12 yr old...

Hi, how are you?
HI HOW R U?????!?! OMG

Whats going on?
WUT GONG ON??!!??!! WTF LOL

^^that is a bunch of teenage girls ik... NOT a 12 yr old...

DCIScouts

VIP Member
To get back to the original question. The reason why it bothers me at least, is that it makes this issue into a joke and almost makes it acceptable to type this way. Many people do not know when it is the proper time to type in this manner, and then to type like you are writing a paper. I've seen e-mails written to Deans and Presidents of colleges and universities that are written like that. Just a word to the wise for all of you that write like this consistently, break your habit NOW, because if you don't, it will create problems for you in the future.

34erd

We had a french exchange student at our school, he seemed to learn "AIM talk" faster than regular english...

Dropkickmurphys

god i cant stand people who talk that way... grrr. they need to learn how to spell and speak properly...
i used to talk that way...a bit... but whenever i did something on a computer (like typing an essay) i would start typing "u"'s and "y"'s etc...
i can stand l33t but i that just p*sses me off...

sam123

the way i see it is that it is ok to talk to talk like that when sending mtxt messages to friends or using instant messenger. however it is not a good idea to adapt to it. students in the school i work in walk around talking a very odd language i don't know if any of you know it i think it called avigi or something and there another one which i heard of but never bothered to learn which is double dutch. why they do this i don't know i don't see what is wrong with the language we have already which i must say is slowly becoming extinct!!!

sam