Destruction of English

Bobo

banned
I never talk like that, ever. The only thing that I ever use is lol or cya later. If you have noticed, even on here, I use capitals and proper punctuation. It is just something that has been drilled into me by multiple English teachers over the years, and I see no reason to conform to the sad ways of the AIM society.

sam123

Wow! i can see that but i must admit i do sometimes, when using IM cut down the bigger words to make typing quicker. However i must agree these silly translator websites are pointless and think the internet should be used for more improtant things rather than some boring person who has nothing else to do with his time but to make these and consider himself as a computer genius, i think he is very sad and should get out more.

Also check this out and let me know what you think you might of heard of it, if not you will either cry or laugh both for the same reason DISSAPOINTMENT
http://www.oliverbot.com.

If this sort of thing annoys you i would advise you do not stay on it long!!!

sam

Apokarteron

banned
'Hello
My name is Alex.
i went to the park yesterday with a couple good friends of mine, that is Joanna, Lisa, Monica, and Mary. We went to the park for a walk and chatted about philosophy, literature, poetry... It got late and there were no lights there at the park, and as my good buddies were about to leave I couldn't help myself from inviting them for a 'Cup of Coffee' but then again it was too late for coffee...'

'MAH NME IS AELX
I!1!1!111 OMG WTF LOL W3NT 2 TEH PARK Y3STERDAY WIT A COUPL3 GOD FREINDS OF MIEN TAHT IS JOANA LISA MONICA AND MARY!111!!! OMG LOL WE WANT 2 TEH PARK FOR A WOK AND CHATED ABOUT PHILOSOPHY LIETRATUR3 PO3TRY.!!1!1!1!!1!1!!!11!! IT GOT LAET AND THEYRE W3R3 NO LIGHTS THEYRE AT DA PARK AND AS MAH GOD BUDEIS W3RA ABOUT 2 L3AEV I CUDNT HELP MYSELF FROM INVITNG THAM FOR A CUP OF COFE BUT THAN AGANE IT WAS 2 LAET FOR COFE.1!11!!1111!!!!!1! OMG WTF'

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
sam123 said:
ha ha ha pathetic really isnt it!!! you speak spanish???
si, yo hablo espanol

I just can't put accents in where they need to be

And pathetic hardly describes it. People think it is cool to talk like that, and I cannot iterate enough how incredibly pointless it is. I am not one to be saying this, but the former generations really get annoyed by it. It shows on school essays, resumes, things like that, and could be the difference between getting into college or getting a job and not. Therefore, I make quite sure that I am always typing the same way that I would if I were writing an essay.

sam123

i agree! give it 10 years or so and the whole country if not the world will be talking like it. soon the words "ain't" and "dun" will end up in the dictionary! and the accents can be put on by holding the "alt gr" button when pressing the letter áéíóú simple

Bobo

banned
alt gr? What is that?

Ain't is already in the dictionary, but it does say slang under the definition.

sam123

"alt gr" would be the button just right of your space bar!!!
next to the windows button!
is it? shocking it will soon be classed as proper english

sam

Bobo

banned
that is the "alt" button, and it does not give accents, it opens the menus at the top of the screen

sam123

not that one the other one. there should be one that says alt gr on the right side of th espace bar! it is there well it should be anyway!

sam

tweaker

VIP Member
What bugs me the most is the overuse of 'lol'.

Some kids even use it at the end of all their sentences when posting. :rolleyes:

I usually will use proper grammer...but since I have a broken finger right now sometimes i dont capitalize (like now) or other small imperfections. I absolutely can't stand "aol talk" though.

sam123

Sometimes i use MSN Messenger, however when i do i use proper grammer as best as i can. (i am not the brightest star in the sky but i know enough about the important things) i tend to get people to talk properly, and they try but i think alot of them have forgotten how to talk properly now!
It is disappointing really it akes me worry as that is how our children will be talking inthe future if something isn't done soon!