Diablo 3

mtb211

I have never played diablo (1,2,3) . Is there a game you can compare it to? Coworker picked it up to day and gave me a free guest pass key... is this like world of warcraft?

Fuzzoe

To run it anyway (this will only beat the launcher boss, it won't make the game run smoothly), install, find a file called D3Prefs. Change 'DisableTrilinearFiltering' to 1 and change HardwareClass to 1. Then run the game launcher and when you press play you will get that same video card warning, but press escape and the game will launch.

If you can't find D3Prefs run the launcher, press play. On the screen that says your video card isn't good enough press escape. You should get a white screen, which you can then close. Then go back and find D3Prefs as above.

I tried it, and it launches. Buuuuuut all i get is a blank screen with the music and the pointer. :|

Darren

Staff member
I have never played diablo (1,2,3) . Is there a game you can compare it to? Coworker picked it up to day and gave me a free guest pass key... is this like world of warcraft?

Few games similar would be Titan Quest, Fate, Torchlight, and several others. It's just a dungeon crawler with randomized dungeons and loot. Simple yet fun and addictive.