Diablo 3

Ankur

Yea even I want to know how this game is, am buying a couple of games in the coming weeks, thinking about getting this, seems promising.

Kewl Munky

Two groups have already beaten normal in seven hours. Of course they just did speed runs. I don't think it's a big deal as Diablo has always been about replaying to make your character better. My buddy was raging when I showed him the article saying it's internet bullshit because it took him and buddies who he claimed are doing good 5 hours for act 1.

Troncoso

VIP Member
With the apparent ability to beat the game in 6 hours....I don't see how it's honestly going to consume so many lives...

JlCollins005

If you beat the game in 6 hours its because you sped through it, I just beat act 2 I have prolly played atleast 10 hrs now because i choose to do everything.

tech savvy

That's what I did too. I was going to play wow anyway and I was never going to buy Diablo 3 so I basically got a free game for playing something I was going to anyway. I'll give it a shot, but unless they've updated the graphics from what I saw in the beta it looked a lot like what I remember diablo 2 looking like when it came out.

Are you crazy? Graphics like Diablo II? Must be mistaken, was the graphics maxed? If you think Diablo III graphics are bad, then I would luv to hear what you think about WoW graphics. For being how big WoW is, they should have waaay better graphics, even at max setting, it looks boxy.

If you beat the game in 6 hours its because you sped through it, I just beat act 2 I have prolly played atleast 10 hrs now because i choose to do everything.

Same here. Im at act II, and it took me around 10hrs too(Thats slowing down and doing EVERYTHING). The replay value is where it's at, great game.

All-in-all, a great game. If you weren't a Diablo fan from the beginning, this game isnt for you. It was meant for all the dedicated die-heart fans that was there from the beginning. Like I said, if you havent played/enjoyed Diablo I and II, you will not like Diablo III. They keeped everything the same though the series except the graphics.

JlCollins005

Yea, the game is awesome I am nearing the end of act 3 and already looking forward to another play through. Actually talked a couple people into getting the game that never touched the diablo series and they love it looks like they are just gunna be playing then backwards.

linkin

VIP Member
See if you can score a guest pass from someone to get a feel of the game, if you then buy it, you can use your existing character from the guest pass.

LooN3y

Yea, the game is awesome I am nearing the end of act 3 and already looking forward to another play through. Actually talked a couple people into getting the game that never touched the diablo series and they love it looks like they are just gunna be playing then backwards.

god, D2 was crazy, man remember the Duping days? lol i had whole mule account full of SOJs and i had a so many wind forces and all kthe other dope stuff.

Aastii

VIP Member
I have not played, however from what I have been told from someone from the clan:

He managed to finish it in less than a day, as in real world day, not 24 hours play time. He killed the last boss with just standing there autoattacking. He restarted before finishing as completing all of the side quests meant he was far too strong for the main story line, making it harder still.

The scaling, if there is any, is far off what it should be, the game is too short, especially considering the development time and it is far, far too easy from start to finish, even with harder difficulties and squishy heroes

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Are you crazy? Graphics like Diablo II? Must be mistaken, was the graphics maxed? If you think Diablo III graphics are bad, then I would luv to hear what you think about WoW graphics. For being how big WoW is, they should have waaay better graphics, even at max setting, it looks boxy.

Same here. Im at act II, and it took me around 10hrs too(Thats slowing down and doing EVERYTHING). The replay value is where it's at, great game.

All-in-all, a great game. If you weren't a Diablo fan from the beginning, this game isnt for you. It was meant for all the dedicated die-heart fans that was there from the beginning. Like I said, if you havent played/enjoyed Diablo I and II, you will not like Diablo III. They keeped everything the same though the series except the graphics.
No I'm not kidding. WoW looks like crap because it's 10 years old. Yes expansions come out but it's still 10 years old. You are right though, the engine should have been improved by now.

Diablo 3 is new and it looks 10 years old. I've been playing it maxed out. I think people are playing it out of nostalgia more than anything. For what it is, I think Torchlight is a better pick.

SuperDuperMe

Iv wanted to like diablo 3 but i dont even want to pick it up :( loved the first 2 and remember spending countless hours on them...But i mean 7 hours for d3's campaign is horrendous. What is it cod? Not to mention the videos iv seen on youtube look crap and the reviews iv seen suggest to me they took a lot of the complexity of the old ones out.

I think im going to give this a miss, and @Cromwell i may check out torchlight, its much cheaper :p