Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

epidemik

Forum Rules
1. Posting/discussion about software cracks, serial no's, and illegal downloading and duplication of software is prohibited.

I interpit the rules to say any discussion is prohibitted, even if it doesnt include specifics.

sandlotje89

I got caught once (counted as two strikes because they turned the internet off, my parents phoned in and got it turned back on; the only problem is that I was not home throughout all of this, so it counted as two strikes when the program began downloading again). So, now I am too paranoid to do it. If I were to get caught again, we would lose our service for...ever(?).

ducis

I got caught once (counted as two strikes because they turned the internet off, my parents phoned in and got it turned back on; the only problem is that I was not home throughout all of this, so it counted as two strikes when the program began downloading again). So, now I am too paranoid to do it. If I were to get caught again, we would lose our service for...ever(?).

your ISP cut your connection because you where torrenting?:confused:

hermeslyre

VIP Member
your ISP cut your connection because you where torrenting?:confused:

He got caught by the wrong people and when served with a subpoena his ISP was a ninny about it. Comcast supposedly send out several cease and desist letter before the offended party demands personal information.

Kill Bill

I torrent yes but not illegal files it might be just a HD version of a episode of a new Television program

m0nk3ys1ms

Yes. I torrent music occasionally, as well as some software such as Alcohol 120% or Partition Magic, something I'll use for 5 minutes and then uninstall again.

G25r8cer

Wow you are all getting in trouble very soon!! Saying that you torrent is bad enough but to say you download tv shows and music? Im sure a mod is watching this one!

Calibretto

VIP Member
I'm glad to say that everyone who said yes in this poll will expect to see a Fed on their doorstep within the next few days.....haha j/k

vonfeldt7

Yes. I torrent music occasionally, as well as some software such as Alcohol 120% or Partition Magic, something I'll use for 5 minutes and then uninstall again.

Haha yeah, I find myself doing the same thing. Anyways, do I torrent occasionally...although not to much anymore. (My conscience is getting the best of me)

XanderCage

Wow you are all getting in trouble very soon!! Saying that you torrent is bad enough but to say you download tv shows and music? Im sure a mod is watching this one!

I hope you do understand that saying you torrent doesn't mean it's illegal. Programs like Linux, and other big third party software developing companies that run on donations, use torrents as their main reliable source of distribution. There are loads of legal torrents out there for people to download, from home videos, to third party softwares, and while there are illegal one's too, we are not discussing how, where, through what means, or in any way saying illegal torrenting is good.

I don't really see any reason this thread would be deleted.

g4m3rof1337

I didn't vote, and what I do on my Personal Computer is Personal.

And we have had threads that looked and were perfectly legal, and resulted in getting closed, and infractions issued due to where the conversation led.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I torrent yes but not illegal files it might be just a HD version of a episode of a new Television program

which is illegal

I put no, because I have no need to pirate and have legit software from work. I have blockbuster online so I get DVDs in the mail all the time and I play my console more than my PC so I don't buy a lot of PC games.

XanderCage

That's perfect.

Just the fact that the Subject has a word that is most likely an illegal act is enough for this thread to be locked.

Yeah, anything with pirate in it does not look good, change it or i agree, that it will be closed. Didn't read the whole name before my previous post. Srry.

Status
Not open for further replies.