Does Gateway have good customer service?

tkim113

does gateway have good customer service?

I am scared that i might get a repeat of what happened with my ACER computer. The thing was warrantied for 1 year but they used a loop hole and got out of it. Do any of you guys have any experience with gateway?

Anything that you guys might warn me about concerning gateway desktops?

brian

VIP Member
well they use to. i just used them for my mom's computer and they are now like the rest and give horable support. However my gateway (3-4 years old is still running amazing) and i had no problems with it ever, (except the hard drive failed but i just bought a new one and it was good to go)

tkim113

well they use to. i just used them for my mom's computer and they are now like the rest and give horable support. However my gateway (3-4 years old is still running amazing) and i had no problems with it ever, (except the hard drive failed but i just bought a new one and it was good to go)

thats good to hear. Anybody else?

cohen

But is your Gateway a laptop or a desktop?

2048Megabytes

I have heard awful information about Gateway. They would be my last choice if I were looking at pre-built systems. Take a look at Hewlett-Packard.

houseofbugs

I have heard awful information about Gateway. They would be my last choice if I were looking at pre-built systems. Take a look at Hewlett-Packard.

QTF. Except for the HP part. Just build your own or find someone on here who knows what they are doing to build you one. I occasionally build and ship PC's but they are usually higher end gaming systems.

tkim113

can you tell me some more info about this "awful information". its quite ambiguous. what did you hear? what did they say

2048Megabytes

can you tell me some more info about this "awful information". its quite ambiguous. what did you hear? what did they say

I heard with their desktop computers they make their power supplies just a bit smaller than the standard power supply part to try and make you buy parts from only them. Also heard their computers are of questionable quality and their customer service isn't good.

If you do know someone who can build you a computer you are better off going that route.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
if you are going to buy a off the shelf pc then go HP
Or Compaq. Compaq was acquired by HP, so the Compaqs you see out there are actually HPs. I have a Compaq Presario desktop here running for 3 years now, no problems whatsoever, I also have a Presario laptop that works perfectly and I even got the cashback for it even though some of the contact info was incorrect...