Does having 6 gig memory cause video buffering problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twiki

By the way guys, my buffering problems on YouTube was when I had other stuff running like ripping DVDs to files and other sites up for references. Yeah, I'm back to archiving the DVDs to my extra hard drive because I found some dead DVDs in my collection and that bugs me. One or two were keepers.

Long ago I did a crazy thing with my i5 system. I drove it crazy! :p Kinda made my point here.

beers

Staff member
I'd be surprised if it solved your problems, but it sounds like you already realized it was user error by over utilizing background processes.

You'll get an average of +50% effective memory bandwidth rather than +100% when interleaving between 8G and 4G capacities compared to being balanced across the entire capacity of memory. Performance can be inconsistent as a result.

Single flex is a misnomer since RAM is just allocated in the same channel, no different from adding dimms to socket 370 or whatever.

I don't really care about your problems but it's amusing when you gimp your already low end system and then tout how awesome your performance is. I'm just trying to improve your situation.

Twiki

Real world tests showed that between single and dual flex the performance increased up to 17%. True that you get double the bandwidth but not a whole lot of performance increase.

ok so I have a low end system. So what? I don't have fancy cases with see through windows and flashing color lights and multiple drives. You can shove them up your ass.

beers

Staff member
Once again you are off-quoting numbers that aren't the same thing, clearly you have no idea what you're doing.

Why even make a thread if you're going to be a snarky butthole to anyone who tries to help you?

You can likewise shove your self inflicted problems and welfare grade computer to the same location, since that's how you prefer this conversation to go.

Twiki

Blow me. It's ok for you to put me down but when I do the same you get butthurt. Again blow me.

beers

Staff member
It's ok for you to put me down but when I do the same you get butthurt
Go read your own responses lol.

I wouldn't call being proportionally reactive to your shitty attitude as butthurt, but hey feel whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.