dream pc!

pc club guy

I see now by reading all of your comments and you pc information that my laptop is just a load of ****. So now that I have been convinced that desktop pc’s are more upgradeable and better. I will have to buy one with in 2 months so if you guys can tell me of what I will need to build a gaming pc with all of the best parts but with reasonably priced parts it would be a great help to me. The only thing that I ask for is to keep in mind that my budget in total price is about 3 to 3.5 k thanks allot guys :p

runbird05

I doubt you'll run into many financial constraints with $3500 (that's nearly how much my freaking car ran me).

I'm no expert, but with funds like that, I'd be looking at the ATI X850XT video card and perhaps an AMD FX series CPU.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I'm no expert, but with funds like that, I'd be looking at the ATI X850XT video card and perhaps an AMD FX series CPU.

Ya that sounds about right :).

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Blue said:
Ya that sounds about right :).
Are you referring to his suggestions or his expertise?

pc club guy my only advice is not to spend 3k or more on a computer. The technology changes so rapidly its simply not worth it. A few regular posters will give you some suggestions that should not come close to the three thousand dollar mark. and... "best parts but with reasonably priced " <-- that is kinda like an oxymoron... in most cases the best computer components are the new components and they are almost never reasonably priced ;) .. but, like I was saying, you can find some near top of the line components for reasonable prices....

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Are you referring to his suggestions or his expertise?

LOL I suppose you could take it either way eh? anyhow I was reffering to his suggestions as $3500 is alot of dough for a computer.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Blue said:
LOL I suppose you could take it either way eh? anyhow I was reffering to his suggestions as $3500 is alot of dough for a computer.

Yeah, I bet all of us would love to spend $3k+ on a computer... but then again, a few years later we will be wondering why the **** we spent that kind of money...

pc club guy

???

how about this?

Enermax CS-800TAB 465W Black Full Tower Case
xp pro
Intel® P4 3GHz E (800FSB) Box CPU With Motherboard
Seagate 200GB ST3200822A Barracuda 7200.7 UATA100
ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon X600 Pro PCI-Express 256MB
AUDIGY 2 ZS PLATINUM SOUND CARD
CREATIVE SBS 5.1 560 SPEAKER SYSTEM
Sony SDM-HS73/W 17" TFT Flat Panel Display with .264mm Pixel Pitch & 1280x1024 Resolution
i dot know what ram fits but i want 1.5 gigs of it
dvd burning/double layer
joy stick,wheel n peds. game pad,keyboard with quickbuttons
wireless ethernet
some nice cooling fans

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I think he means each component being top of the line... which will last about 2 months..

Money and common sense rarely go together

That is so true but in this case no one gets hurt and if he truly has the money to throw away and if sitting in front of his new pc would truly make him happy then I suppose it's not a waste as we may think... I think we should be carefull not to insult this guy as he has done nothing to insult us.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
I am in no way insulting him.... Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and rational for purchasing any computer.... My money and common sense comment was a little over the top... But, as my original post suggests, you can get near top of the line hardware for a fraction of the cost.. and you might never see or hear the difference.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Sorry SFR I guess I was missunderstood but I did not mean to say that you where trying to insult him as I'm no mind reader but of course that could be taken as an insult as I'm sure you could see that.

Money and common sense rarely go together....

Suggesting in this case that one whom spends more money on a PC then necessary has no common sense... If you re-read everything I'm sure you could see this ;-).

Anyhow lets let this thread get back on course :)..

pc club guy

so its too much? i tried picking medium priced parts. im not understanding how a pc can last 2 months? this is total crap!!

joelkyr

with how technology evolved nowadays you buy a best hardware this month and the next few or so months they come up with a better one, just a tip if you gonna buy a hardware especially MOBO, get one with a lot of room for upgrade. :cool:

SFR

Truth fears no questions
pc club guy said:
so its too much? i tried picking medium priced parts. im not understanding how a pc can last 2 months? this is total crap!!

no..no..no thats not what I am saying.

What I am saying is that technology changes so rapidly that if you purchase top of the line component at brand new prices, something new will come out a few months later causing that same component to drop in price.

Anyway, after going over this thread again, I think I spoke a little too soon. If you spend $3K+ on a computer is will definitely last you awhile. It just wont be TOP of the line for very long... because of the aforementioned reasons.

Take a look through this forum and you will find a bunch of suggestions of very good components that wont cost you a fortune.

Kboy

There's never a "good" time to buy new computer parts, because, as we all know the industry is constantly getting better and faster parts. If you buy a top of the line ($3000+) PC now, it'll be very useable for several years, but it'll only be top of the line for a week or two.

robina_80

3 to 3.5k fcuk me!!!!amd64 fx-57,get a nforce 4 chipset mobo, put in louds of memory, big hard drive maybe 2 or 3, pci Xpress graphics card, any sound card doesnt matter really, get decent speakers and a nice tft probably a laser mouse aswell

zilla

Given say... a 2200 dollar budget, you could easily get a 3.4 P4, 1 gig of excellent ram (1.5 won't make much difference over 1), a 6800Ultra for graphics, whatever hard drives you'd like, 17" flat screen, and some nice speakers. Use the 1300 or so you'd save, and take your g/f out for a nice meal... several nice meals. ;)