Dreamweaver Question.

g4m3rof1337

If I get a forum setup, through the company that hosts my domain, and I get a link to the forum, can I make that into a button to click and go to that page?

I've made buttons that go to my other pages, but I made the pages, I didn't get a hyperlink.

Thanks.

BluePlum

banned
Wait is this what you want to do,

Make a link to another webpage that looks like a button, Yes i do it all the times very easy.

g4m3rof1337

It would be like myforum.example.com and I would want to hyperlink it, Id want to put it in the form of a button, that when clicked, it directs the person to the forum.

Thanks.

BluePlum

banned
Ok im not on dreamweaver at the moment so im going to try and say it from memory.

1. Open Dreamweaver
2. Make Your desired Button
3. Right click on the button and select propeties
4. It should say link somewere enter your desired html
5. Change the name of your link to forum if you want :D
6. Save it and click it
7. Your at your forum page

g4m3rof1337

Alright.

Also.
I tried making a form and made a form where you enter information and a comment, I made a Submit button, where do the information go? I dont think I set a desired email up.

Thanks.

BluePlum

banned
My dreamweaver knoledge is limited But my friend asked me the same thing, i told him to google it and he found a site and got a code.

g4m3rof1337

Its a code?
Cause I have a book, and it doesn't say anything about a code. Just mentions an email button, which shows the email link, in a hyperlink text.

Also, this might be easy to answer, but I made some buttons to link to other pages I made, and when I test the page in the program, they work fine, but I uploaded the site to my FTP, and it doesn't show the buttons. I dont think I uploaded all the files.

Thanks.

Last edited:

BluePlum

banned
Yes but when you uploaded did it have the flash symbol?

When you make buttons look how it says the location its going to save to, The button is a seperate file and you need to upload it seperatly.

To see what im talking about, go to were you saved one of your buttons, move it to the destop for now, now open up your site in a browser, button wont show up.

g4m3rof1337

It showed up as if it didn't exist.

I'll look around for the files.

Also, how do I setup an email for the Form, so when someone adds a comment and a name, they push submit and its sent to me.

And, how do I change the whole background color and stuff, cause I can only find the Page Properties one.

Thanks.

holdenssx

For the buttons not showing up, I bet it is because that image of the button is coming from a certain location, for instance a folder on your harddrive, and when you upload it all via FTP, the image can't be found because it is being told to look on your harddrive.

To solve that, any image that I put in one of my websites, I first upload via FTP to the server, then when I add an image to Dreamweaver, I choose the image thats on the server (basically a link to the image).

g4m3rof1337

I have.

My book tells me how to make them, which I did, I just dont know about the Submit button, where does the information get sent to?

I found a script and files called buttons and stuff, which I uploaded, are there more?

Thanks.

g4m3rof1337

I made the form, I just dont know where to enter my email, so the information gets sent to me.

What format are the buttons saved in?

Thanks.