Dreamweaver Question.

g4m3rof1337

I made 3 buttons, going to 3 different pages, I uploaded these to my FTP.

button1.swf
button2.swf
button3.swf

I also uploaded an ActionScript.

I figured the problem with the submit page, I need a script, I'll probably end up having a friend help me write it, since they are like $50 online.

The problem must be on my end, cause when I preview my site in Dreamweaver, it shows the buttons, and they work.

Thanks.

Last edited:

BluePlum

banned
i think its just the .swf. Also when you make a button look were you choose it to be saved. GO to those files. Thats the button. Nothing more nothing less.

g4m3rof1337

I saved everything even the buttons to a folder, which I uploaded to my FTP folder.

What makes a website look unique?

I have PS, Fireworks, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash and that stuff, what makes a good banner? Cause I am using PS with solid colors, mixed, then adding different text.

I am using my LAN website to practice, and use as a portfolio for future stuff.

And, can I make my own template, that I can upload text, images, and other stuff. Like in Photoshop or something.

Like make a page, with sections, for text, buttons, images, and other stuff. Then upload it to Dreamweaver, to start adding stuff.

Thanks.

Last edited:

g4m3rof1337

Well, I got another book, its easier to understand and stuff, and its a bit thicker then the other one, so I'll have to pan through it to see if it answers my question.

I am also interested in User Accounts, with logins.

g4m3rof1337

OK.
I am working on the script thing, I may end up making one.

Then, I just need to find all the files that are associated with the page, cause I uploaded the .swf files.

Now, I'd like to find out how to make a template. Since, I cant find a nice one that Dreamweaver has to offer, how do I go about doing this.

After the template gets solved, I need to work on making user accounts and nice banners.

I know this sounds like I am rushing things and very scattered, but I am working on one thing at a time, I am just using this to keep track of my thoughts and stuff.

holdenssx

For the buttons, you need to FIRST upload the image/button to your server, THEN in dreamweaver, when you add the button/image, instead of providing the location on your computer, you put the link to the button.

BluePlum

banned
Wats your site about, Games of chicago? whats that mean lol? and how are u making your forums? phbb, vbulliten?

Over all looks nice, and whos your webhost?

g4m3rof1337

Gamers of Chicago is my site I made for LAN parties.
I am going to use Simple Machines Forum for a Forum.
And my web host is GoDaddy.

Thanks.

g4m3rof1337

I am going to try to make the buttons in Flash, then upload them to Dreamweaver, and assign a function to it. Should I save the button that I made in Flash to my folder that I upload to the FTP?

Thanks.

g4m3rof1337

I was talking to a friend of mine, who has some knowledge on this, and has friends who do this.

He said I should know coding, know how to be a basic programmer, and know the programs I am going to use. The coding, would have to be for finding mistakes, and fixing them.

How involved do I have to be, and how much should I know to become a freelance designer?

Thanks.