dx10

Geoff

VIP Member
sorry i thought you meant virtual PC for the Mac platform, which is emulation.

MS VPC is actually virtualization software, not emulation, my bad I was confused
Once you said virtualization in your first post, I realized that was the word I was looking for, not "emulation", lol.

bldgengineer

Here's a couple of questions for you guys:

With all this happening right now, if you were building a computer to function for both productivity(3d cad, premeire, photshop, systems etc) and some gaming(mostly rpg, strategy and fps) which card would you choose?

Do you think it would be better to build one dual purpose machine for right now(a workhorse for productivity) and later on a consentrated gaming machine?

Would you install both vista and xp on your gaming rig for the new dx10 cards? what would be the best action for that?

Geoff

VIP Member
A few weeks ago I was saying how Vista was crap and no one should use it. But then I dual-booted it with XP, and now I just run Vista. It runs every program I need it to, plays games just as well or better, looks better, and has alot of new features/programs.

Nutcase

I don´t know.. many people have been saying that games run slower on Vista.. But I guess it depends on your luck with drivers and hardware you use. MS has really blowed this Vista thing with differing performance on same setups :)

Don´t forged about the Service Package 3 that is supposed to come sometime this year I think.. :rolleyes: