external cd/dvd drive

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As I said in your other thread, we would need to know what online stores you can shop at or what nearby electronics stores there are.

_Pete_

PC World. Stupidly expensive. Your local friendly computer shop. Not so expensive and generally know what the are talking about (unlike Pc World). Ebay. Loads on there from cheap to expensive. I'm in UK and I have a couple of external DVD players, because a lot of manufactures have stupidly decided that nobody uses disk media any more. Mine are the cheapys off Ebay and I have had them for a couple of years and they work, still work, fine.

Darren

Staff member
Sorry but I have a lot of good movies still on DVD, so I'll stick to mine.;)
I go out of my way to not use physical media almost. I've been at my new job 3 months now and I still haven't ever picked up a pencil/pen and my notepads are still sealed. I know a lot of people have media collections though, so I understand why people like it still and know that my situation isn't typical.

jedccop

can anybody please answer the question that i have asked in the first place which is:WHICH IS THE BEST CD/DVD DRIVE TO BUY?,i am asking because there are so many on amazon...................please help somebody

digzu

Are there any USB disc drives that are bootable? I don’t actually need one since my desktop has a DVD drive but I’m fairly curious if such a thing exists (I had one for an old netbook a while ago but it wasn’t possible to boot from it).

Darren

Staff member
Are there any USB disc drives that are bootable? I don’t actually need one since my desktop has a DVD drive but I’m fairly curious if such a thing exists (I had one for an old netbook a while ago but it wasn’t possible to boot from it).
Yeah I think really any USB drive is bootable with a proper boot disc in it, if not then it's likely an issue with not being able to boot from USB devices or other BIOS setting.