Extremely Worried!

Kornowski

VIP Member
I must add i DO NOT work for my dad, i am self emplyed with my own web maintenance/netowork customers.

I am the ict manager for my dads businesses, but am not on the payroll/.

ANy more of your shit and u will b reported

LMAO! Oh my God!
Gareth, You're funny, Thanks, You've made my day!

Report me, Who to!?
You're Dad! lol!

Kornowski

VIP Member
Hahahahahahaha every1 ere ios lafin at u

At home, Is your Dad next to you, feeding you crisps...

Seriously though, I think you need to learn to spell, I can't believe you're this stupid, Oh and fat!

Tayl

VIP Member
garethcia please don't come into a thread if you have nothing beneficial to add. It doesn't help, it's an annoyance to read (especially with so much short hand text talk and spelling mistakes to boot).

Anyway, Kornowski. I'm pretty sure that the BSOD wouldn't be caused by your GPU. Disregarding that for a moment, have you ran with onboard graphics for a prelonged amount of time (say an hour or two at max) and had any issues? As for the BSOD, do you have any diagnositc tools for your HDD that you could run? It could just be a complete coincidence that you happened to get the BSOD at the exact same time or soon after the artifacts on POST. I'd consider the BSOD to be a completely different situation / problem to the artifacts. Sounds like you might want to troubleshoot / test all of your hardware to make sure nothing else is acting up.

There is a possibility that your motherboard could be on the blink. That would cause some sort of issue if data was getting currupted as it travelled along it. Or it could be your HDD acting up, or it could be your RAM currupting data as it travels to and from it (although I doubt it would cause BSOD's.), or it could be simply a bad software fault that would be sorted by a simple format etc. There are so many possibilities as to what the fault(s) could be, hence why I suggested so many troubleshooting methods on each component, to rule out any faults on more than just one.

If I were you, my next step would be to run with onboard graphics for a minimum of 2 hours, see how that goes while you're just browsing the Internet, if you get no issues, assume it's the card, if you do, assume it's something else (as well as or ruling out your card). Then I would trouble shoot the main components (starting with the mobo, then the RAM, then the HDD, then the CPU). I would also check my voltages within the BIOS to make sure they don't spike. If all else comes up Ok from all of that, try another PSU and see how that goes.

This is the problem with such an issue occuring. It can be a number of things, you just have to try everything and see what the results are. At least that way you have something to fall back on / add to the engineer on the phone when you mail back your components and/or ask for advice. Try giving the place you purchased your hardware from a ring, explain your problem and see what suggestions they give you (although in my experience it has been I that have had to say things to the engineer to get my issue sorted, they can't half be bloody useless at times).

Breaks.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Thanks for the reply again, I don't have onboard video that I could try out, so I'm stuck there...

How would I test the motherboard to see if thats faulty?
I'll run Memtest on Saturday, I'm out then, so it'll be a good change to get that done...

I will send the GPU back anyway as that is causing problems... and the BSOD may just be a random thing as I haven't had any other problems with anything, just the graphics...

Kornowski

VIP Member
Sorry, didn't read hispost through.
The best way to do that is to use multimeter.
IMO anyway...

Nah, It's Ok :)

So, use it on all of the chords, I think I will try the BIOS and Speedfan to check them, Although I really doubt it's the PSU, it's been great and it doesn't have a bad overal +12v rail... 34A I think.

Well, I'll run Memtest, Check the Voltages and RMA the GPU...

Do you know of a way I can test the motherboard? Thanks for the help.

Tayl

VIP Member
I haven't checked their website yet but I think that Gigabyte have some sort of utility that you can use to check your motherboard etc. I know there was one that ran basic tests on my other components within my other machine by a different manufacturer so I'm sure gigabyte will have some sort of equivalent. Might be worth checking.

Also, another application for voltage checks, temps, system / component information etc is: PC Wizard 2007. That's what I use.

Breaks.

subtle

I haven't checked their website yet but I think that Gigabyte have some sort of utility that you can use to check your motherboard etc. (...) Might be worth checking.

Breaks.

I asked them but:

"No sorry we have no software for this purpose.

Regards,

GGTS"

Kornowski

VIP Member
Ah right, I was just looking for something then, I'm going to check the voltages now and run memtest tomorrow, It hasn't done anything funny for about... 2 days now, but I'm still sending it back, Thanks for looking into that for me Subtle :)

4NGU$

VIP Member

stfu nooob
you come on t this forum will nothing worth while to say and just look up dannys threads and flame him
you wont be here long
because this is a community and we have no use for people like you here

i agree Danny mate if this happens again i would be using the warranty i know its a pain not having a gpu for a while but if it breaks you will feel worse

or even send an email to Nvidia see what they think of it ??

Edit :
sorry if this has been said but i don't have the time too read the whole thread

Kornowski

VIP Member
stfu nooob
you come on t this forum will nothing worth while to say and just look up dannys threads and flame him
you wont be here long
because this is a community and we have no use for people like you here

Nicely said Chris!

i agree Danny mate if this happens again i would be using the warranty i know its a pain not having a gpu for a while but if it breaks you will feel worse

Yeah, It'll only be a week or so, I can live with that :p

Better to be safe than sorry.

subtle

stfu nooob
Don't insult him 4NGU$!
I am further on in ICT than u now anyway so beat me lad.
lol ok you can try and quote computers 2 me if you want you will loose pal.

I hold probably more qualifications than you, in a job on £5 an hour and guess wat, 2 get in2 ict u dnt need 2 go 2 uni, and anuva fing i am currently working to my MCSE which will make me a microsoft approved professional.

I currently manage 5 networks and have just quoted on installing a full new 1 in a big office block in liverpool

Dnt u try and say i dnt have a clue as i kno more than u

people u kno even say u r clueless.:)
I must add i DO NOT work for my dad, i am self emplyed with my own web maintenance/netowork customers.

I am the ict manager for my dads businesses, but am not on the payroll/.

ANy more of your shit and u will b reported
To your dad? I'm afraid that after class you showed us here no one will listen to you mate.
Lafin at him? You might be surprised dude.

And YOU Kornowski,
did you s*****d his girlfriend or something?
:)

Kornowski

VIP Member
And YOU Kornowski,
did you s*****d his girlfriend or something?

lol! :D
He doesn't have a girlfriend... Oh, and no :p

Nah, I haven't done anything wrong... He's just some idiot I know from School, He tries to act like he knows everything, you know the type :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the help though Subtle.