F***... Cpu Fan Will Not Spin...

Discussion in 'CPUs and Overclocking' started by maxudaskin, Oct 20, 2007.

1. maxudaskin

maxudaskin New Member

CPU Cooling, sucks...

[​IMG]

What should I do to get it to work, or what Mobo & CPU should I get from http://www.tigerdirect.ca to modernize my computer. I do nt want to spend more than 300 CAD for both combined, but I am willing to upgrade the CPU in the future... I want a good mobo.

2. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

Are you sure your CPU is actually spinning, but Speedfan isn't picking it up, have you had a look?

3. wafflez

wafflez New Member

did you try opening your computer to see if it's spinning? chances are, speedfan isn't reading an rpm because your fan doesn't support that feature...

For instance, take a look at the rpm mine reads >_>:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  4. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

you idle in the 40's? :p

Well on speedfan for me it don't show any of fans as spinning... eventhough 2 are connected to the mobo

5. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

You know Speedfan shows the temps a lot lower than they actually are, right?

6. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

For some people... its dead on accurate for me, compared to all programs and bios..

7. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

Fair enough, just Speedfan tells me I'm getting like 22c idle, BIOS says 19c idle and TAT and Coretemp say 34c... So I tend to go with Core Temp just to be safe ;)

8. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

I got ya, i hate it when you get 5 different temps and don't know what to believe :p

9. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

I know, I rekon they're probably mid 20's but... :p

10. StrangleHold

StrangleHold Moderator Staff Member

Try PC Wizard or Sandra Lite, looks like speed Fan isnt picking up anything right on your computer. Look a the P/S readings at the bottom!