Fallout 4

Laquer Head

Fallout 4 is half off right now, is it worth getting? I've never played any of the series and know nothing about the game so it is completely new!

Darren

Staff member
Yes. It's one of my favorite games, and was my first Fallout game. I think in terms of the lineage of the series, it's not the best, but as a game in its own right it's a ton of fun and a lot of value to be had. It doesn't have as deep of an RPG system that the previous ones did but the gun mechanics are much better than the older games.

Would recommend.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Sniper build is like god mode after level 20 or so, if it suits you. VATS, a silenced rifle, and the right perks are a huge winning combo.

Shlouski

VIP Member
Really I hope you enjoy it, but myself and a couple of others I know got bored of it fairly quickly and stopped playing well before the end, even with a ton of mods added.

Laquer Head

Really I hope you enjoy it, but myself and a couple of others I know got bored of it fairly quickly and stopped playing well before the end, even with a ton of mods added.

Thats why I never buy games new or at full pop.. I can swallow $40 but $80CAD is too rich for my blood

Shlouski

VIP Member
Thats why I never buy games new or at full pop.. I can swallow $40 but $80CAD is too rich for my blood

Sure, especially if its a single player game I don't see the rush in having to get it asap, I'm ok to play the waiting game and I usually won't pay more than 20 euros for a game, even if I know I really want it. I'm lucky though, I have an Asian bank account, this allows me to buy many games around half the price they are in Europe.

I'm looking at Civ6 and its 60 euros on steam in Europe, no way in hell I'm paying that, but in Thailand its 1600 baht on steam, which is about 41 euros and the prices also drop faster in Asia, so I will wait until its down to the 20 euro mark. Out of interest, fallout 4 is 25 dollars on steam in Asia.

mistersprinkles

GET THE VAULT 1080 MOD!!! You can install it ridiculously easily from the MODS section of Fallout 4's title menu. It vastly improves lighting.

RujoKinJal

I never realized how ez it was to mod these games.
Thank you to everyone who told me to buy this, it has been a ton of fun.
I may be addicted to building settlements tho.
I never have enough stuff to do what i want. lol

Does anyone have any recommended mods to try out?

Laquer Head

I bought it like a month ago, played about an hour, then I haven't had time since, it sure seems awesome...gonna wait till xmas time to game binge.