Fallout 4

Laquer Head

I have put in about 30 hours of gameplay, Or maybe i should say 6 hours of gameplay and 24 hours of Settlement building ....hahahahahaha

Yeah, I'm one of those people that really gets his moneys worth from games.. I play slowly and tend to over explore... I played Witcher 3 through 3 times, just to try the difficulties out and see the various possible endings.

Darren

Staff member
My mod list. I haven't played in a while, been enjoying Skyrim SE actually. Most mod names are fairly self explanatory, mainly just textures and some Quality of Life Improvements.
Capture.PNG

Laquer Head

My mod list. I haven't played in a while, been enjoying Skyrim SE actually. Most mod names are fairly self explanatory, mainly just textures and some Quality of Life Improvements.
View attachment 7770

Any FPS penalization with those mods? I had about the same variety and amount with Witcher 3 and was literally only 1-2 FPS loss.

Darren

Staff member
Any FPS penalization with those mods? I had about the same variety and amount with Witcher 3 and was literally only 1-2 FPS loss.
Not noticeably, if anything it will be better. The Optimized Vanilla Testures mod listed helps smooth out framerate with almost no tangible quality loss. The other high res mods makeup for anything lost and overall I didn't notice any framerate hit.

Laquer Head

NICE!!

Some of those mods that literally overhaul the entire games textures and colors..etc are amazing. I found Witcher 3 too saturated, I added on a mod pack and it was like day/night difference.!!

RujoKinJal

Found my first .50 cal sniper rifle. Truthfully it does not perform as well as my Tinker Tom sniper rifle.
I also found a combat shotgun that does explosive dmg. Now that is a broke weapon at close range.

Darren

Staff member
Found my first .50 cal sniper rifle. Truthfully it does not perform as well as my Tinker Tom sniper rifle.
I also found a combat shotgun that does explosive dmg. Now that is a broke weapon at close range.
Just put a drum magazine on it and also fully automatic. Totally busted.

RujoKinJal

So i attempted to do what you said, and it turns out i couldn't do it.,
Best i could do is, Large quick eject mag, and a .50 bolt action.
So i put a short ported barrel on it and glow sights.

It is the Elephant gun from hell.....hahahahahaha

Motorcharge

I had originally bought a PS4 when it came out because I didn't have the money to upgrade my PC for it at the time. Was ok and worth playing through once, but nowhere near as good as 3 or NV. Hadn't planned on picking it up for PC but it was like $20 on Black Friday off Steam and I'm glad I picked it up. The mods make all the difference in the world. I'm running just over 100 of them and have spent like 60 hours on it since then. A lot of bug fix stuff, better textures, guns, armors, and Old World Boston Radio is awesome.

mistersprinkles

I've played through FO3 and FONV like 3 and 6 times respectively. FO4 I didn't even finish. It just wasn't fun. I think these bethesda RPG's are intrinsically broken because of the amount of switching back and forth between your inventory and gameplay that you have to do. It breaks the fluidity of the game completely. I've been preferring games that are more fluid like GTA, Watch Dogs 2, Far Cry games etc.

Motorcharge

My biggest gripe with 4 is it simply didn't feel like a FO game. It's got a handful of quirky side quests like previous games, but for the most part they're just lackluster go here, do this, come back quests with boring generic characters. It felt like they tried to make up for the lack of content with the settlement system which ultimately is pointless and turned the Minutemen quests into something everyone dreads and tries to avoid. Didn't help that the DLCs weren't much better and half of them were just crappy little building add ons. At least on PC there's a ton of extra content through mods that make it feel like a complete game.

mistersprinkles

I did not enjoy FO4 at all :(. I was so psyched for it and it just sucked...
The menu system breaks bethesda/Zenimax RPG's for me.