Favorite Laptop Manufacture

What is your favorite laptop manufacturer?

• Dell

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • HP/Compaq

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Gateway

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Toshiba

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Apple

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Sony

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • IBM

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Acer

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tlarkin

VIP Member
IBMs aren't bad good multiple OS support but they are heavy and chunky. I just repaired an ibm thinkpad P4 for a buddy of mine and its okay. I mean they are good for day to day grind work for people who can't take care of their own stuff.

Their price tiers aren't bad and their security features are nice but overall they would not be my first pick.

Also, in the past I have run into some IBMs have lots of stupid problems when their internal battery goes bad. Like their fans rev up at full speeds and you get a bios error message at start up saying like error 90 or something. It took me a while to figure out it was the internal battery since their support isn't the greatest.

Ever since IBM had that huge problem with their hard drives, that got dubbed "death stars" instead of deskstars I think their quality went a bit down. However, IBM is a company that likes to develope a technology and then sell it off. Hitachi now owns their HD technology I believe.

Dropkickmurphys

i voted for HP/Compaq, but i also like IBM and I own a Fujitsu Siemens, which is very good, it was a good price for the specs at the time and its still ok today :)

Mikel

I just had a mate buy a compaq laptop and for around 1000 nzd you cat match but personally apple is the best you can't beat mac osx and really vista is the only thing close and unless you have a pretty good computer it is just really slow so mac is the best

Geoff

VIP Member
I'll say it again, Dell :)

I love my Dell laptop, plays games great and I get around 4 hours on each battery :)

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
I like Alienware but never got my hands on one, I worked with so many others and I liked Dell (XPS) the most.