Favourite operating system?

What is your favourite operating system?

• macOS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

timekiller89

What are your favourite operating systems?

Mine is Windows XP. I personally feel it brought the perfect experience to the end-user, whether home or business, even if someone had never used a computer before. I grew up using the OS mostly to mess around but that messing around also gave me some of my computing skill. That said, I've had security problems with it, but it is a VERY polished operating system once SP2 was out.

Deadpool

For gaming the best is Windows, preferably 7/8.1 since you won´t find any compatibility issues with older games.

tremmor

I liked XP and windows 7. In the old days was a time and place for windows 98 2nd edition
over windows 3.1 and windows 95 osr2. used them all. In the beginning it was dos only. and no internet.
had dial up and bulletin boards. I used them all at one time.

Deadpool

The thing with Windows is that it is the most commercial and easiest to use, so almost every computer we grew up with had it. Now all our opinions are biased :p

mistersprinkles

My fav OS is Windows 10. I'm a believer in progress, and in the premise that (with some exceptions like ME and Vista) Windows improves with each new iteration. I really like what MS has done with Windows 10. There are a lot of little things about it that I enjoy. I give it 9/10 because of all the spying. If not for the spying I'd give it 10/10.

The thing with Windows is that it is the most commercial and easiest to use, so almost every computer we grew up with had it. Now all our opinions are biased :p

OSX and iOS are (arguably) much easier to use with minimal learning curve by comparison. JM2C.

timekiller89

iOS is a mobile OS, but I have to agree, it's a lot simpler to use than Android, hence why it is probably hated by so many technology geeks. (Not including myself, I actually still own a 4S)

Agent Smith

XP. I was able to fix any and every issue with that OS. I currently use 7 and while it's alright, I find XP was a lot better in simplicity.

Deadpool

I would guess in '01 you were 01.
Btw what the hell r u talking about? Or in the parlance of my generation,

"Whachu talkin bout Willis?"

...?

I said the the PCs we grew up with were all Windows because it was the msot popular and easy to use. You said OSX is easier, and that was released in 2001, and I said I was too old already, meaning that even if it was easier or more popular it wouldn´t matter, because I already grew up with Windows.

mistersprinkles

...?

I said the the PCs we grew up with were all Windows because it was the msot popular and easy to use. You said OSX is easier, and that was released in 2001, and I said I was too old already, meaning that even if it was easier or more popular it wouldn´t matter, because I already grew up with Windows.

fear-change-waynes-world-1992-wtext.png

hqdefault.jpg

Deadpool

Yeah it´s something like that. Once you are used to something, unless there is a drastic improvement, changing requires a ton of effort. Even so, you´ll always remember the first thing you used most dearly, and your opinion will be biased.

Like my first mom. Even though I had like 20 others after that one, I like her better, probably because she let me burn down her stuff. I think.

strollin

I would say pretty much all versions of Windows. I didn't "grow up" with Windows since I was well into adulthood when Windows came along. I learned computing using DOS and mainframe OSes such as VM and MVS. I've used many versions of Linux and Unix, used MAC OS (yuck!) and at one time was a big fan of IBM's OS/2. In the end, Windows is my favorite. I currently run Win 10 on all my machines and when I need to work on an XP machine it feels clumsy and restricted. I'm currently doing a development project for a client and the machine I am working on is running XP. It's clunky but it works.