Fax Modem

TFT

VIP Member
We seem to be going around in circles here.
His first post says it is in device manager and he has also successfully installed drivers.
He's also running Vista Basic that does not have the software to run it.

So he has a fax/modem installed but no software, surely his only options are to upgrade Vista (bad move), go back to XP or find third party software to make use of the fax capabilities.

EDIT: If I'm reading this wrong, apologies :)

Zatharus

VIP Member
His first post says it is in device manager and he has also successfully installed drivers.

So he has a fax/modem installed but no software, surely his only options are to upgrade Vista (bad move), go back to XP or find third party software to make use of the fax capabilities.

That sounds about right. :)

The Windows Fax and Scan software does not come with any Home version of Vista. It is not worth the expense to upgrade to Business or Ultimate to get the fax functionality. Snappy Fax is not expensive. Follow the link TFT provided earlier and give that a try. You can try it free for 30 days anyway.

mikealarm

I did what you said, I downloaded Snappy and It works fine, that was the problem. I have 1 question for you, you said upgrading Vista is a bad move, why? I talked to tech support for Emachine and they agreed to snd me an upgrade for Vista just to get the fax program.

TFT

VIP Member
I did what you said, I downloaded Snappy and It works fine, that was the problem. I have 1 question for you, you said upgrading Vista is a bad move, why? I talked to tech support for Emachine and they agreed to snd me an upgrade for Vista just to get the fax program.

What I should have said was spending money to upgrade Vista is a bad move considering Windows 7 is around the corner. If your upgrade from Emachine is free then the upgrade is worth it. :)