Feedback on buying a Laptop.

Deadpool

Don't decide because of the SSHD. It's not a big deal. And you really don't need a dedicated card... The I7 has one integrated so there is no point on spending on the 960M if you don't game or do graphic intensive tasks.

Based on what I know about you I'd get:

-I5 (6-7th gen)
-8-12Gb RAM (only if you find a cheap 12Gb laptop)
-No card
-SSD if possible

Gary

Don't decide because of the SSHD. It's not a big deal. And you really don't need a dedicated card... The I7 has one integrated so there is no point on spending on the 960M if you don't game or do graphic intensive tasks.

Based on what I know about you I'd get:

-I5 (6-7th gen)
-8-12Gb RAM (only if you find a cheap 12Gb laptop)
-No card
-SSD if possible
Any big difference between a 2-in-1 and a covential laptop?

Deadpool

I know it folds and could be used as a tablet just didn't know if durability was a factor or something else was different l.

Not really. It's the same. If you are interested in that kind if thing. I've read laptop batteries last longer though.

Edit: Some people say that , some say the opposite. Never tried one myself. I'm pretty sure they are more expensive though.

Gary

Nice computer. I got the Dell already. I am pretty excited to use it when i get home.

Deadpool

To each his own, I guess. I personally wouldn't even consider a laptop without a 1080p display, but that's just me. :D

Well he said he wasn't gaming, so how much will he notice? I probably should have said something like "as long it is at least 720p you'll be all right". Too late now though.

1shado1

Well he said he wasn't gaming, so how much will he notice? I probably should have said something like "as long it is at least 720p you'll be all right". Too late now though.

I don't game either. But the higher resolution effectively gives more "real estate" in the same size screen, because everything is smaller, which for example, makes it easier if you need to place 2 windows on the screen side-by-side.

I wouldn't go above 1080p, though, because Windows has issues scaling many things well to the higher resolution screens available these days.