Filling the CM Stacker?

Tuffie

I am going to get one of the three following chassis:

Chassis: CoolerMaster - CM Stacker 830-NVIDIA Edition
-CM Stacker 832
-CM Stacker 831

How much do you think it will cost to fill all nine (9) fan slots?

Kent.

Chris Chan

As a PC silencer, my first gut feeling is that you need only 2 fans at most. What components are there? Are you only filling the fans slots for the sake of filling them? My computer runs fine with only a power supply 80mm fan, CPU 92mm fan, and case 120mm fan, none spinning at over 1500rpm. It's not in a great case for ventilation either. (Ever Case 4252 - run of the mill cheapie)

konstruct

I have never heard anyone that can swallow the price tag of that Coolermaster 830 nvidea edition worry about the cost of case fans ;)

but that cool; :p

I have been VERY impressed with the thermaltake 120mm smart case fan -II
they also make them in 80mm and 90mm

they are high rpm variable, come with a nice kit for messing with the rpm adjusting. you must be careful, many fan makers sell low rpm fans, these TT's I just bought are 2800rpm @ 120mm rather quiet too

for about $12.00 each

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999145

no way would any system need 9 of these puppies (4 tops!!)

by the way; you cant use that cross side ventilation panel if you are going to use 8800 video cards

the 8800 is 12inches long and gets in the way of that panel

I have sold 4 of the full tower cooler master stacker T- somthing for $150.00 at newegg.com

they are awesome built, full of features they left no stone unturned

BTW: while you are at it, have a look at the Thermal Take Tough Power 850 watt great choice if you have an 8800 SLI plans (the reason why I keep saying 8800 is that is the claim to fame for that case ;)

enjoy

Last edited:

Tuffie

Are you sure I cant use that ventilation wall? I really would have liked to use those 4 fan slots, it looks awesome with the 4 green fans.

Why only four fans?

Kent.

konstruct

I have sold three systems spec'd like yours four fans keep it plenty cool as long as they arent doggy slow fans

some 80mm fans are only 1700 rpm :mad: others are twice that !

Tuffie

I still want it to look cool. Are you sure sure that I cant run the 8800 GTX?

**** SHIT ****. (I guess I just caught torretes.)

Kent.

Tuffie

Ok got it, so I cant use the Cross Side Ventilation Panel.

That leaves me with how many slots left?

Kent.

Master Mind

I am going to get one of the three following chassis:

Chassis: CoolerMaster - CM Stacker 830-NVIDIA Edition
-CM Stacker 832
-CM Stacker 831

How much do you think it will cost to fill all nine (9) fan slots?

Kent.

lol what a coincidence... i just bought a CM Stacker 830 Evo and it is on the way to me!, i bought 5 more fans which are Noctua, 8dba and push out something around 40CFM which i received yesterday arvo.

seeing as i already have 2 120mm fans in my current (Armor Jr) and the case comes with 2 120mm installed already. so that means i will have a total of 9 x 120mm fans.

for all of you people who think iam stupid for buying that much fans and that it will sound like a jet engine.... well don't worry about that one, ive hooked all of the fans up to my power supply to see wat the noise output would be like. it is no louder than my current 2 120mm fans running in my Armor Jr.

i bought a thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme heatsink and a sycthe S-Flex fan for it, these are said to be the one of the best combinations possible for a cpu as far as air cooling goes.

but what iam worried about is that the heatsink is 16cm tall itself and the case is 25cm wide altogether.... so that means i have 9cm to play with, this includes the space between the base of the HS and the top of the HS between the side panel equipped with fans.

i decided that i will fill all of the slots with fans to get the most benefit from the case.

Tuffie

i decided that i will fill all of the slots with fans to get the most benefit from the case.

Yeah thats what I want to do.

So how many slots do I have left for fans if I don't use the Cross Side Ventilation Panel, and what fans should I use?

Kent.

Master Mind

sorry to double post, but im just curious to what the big hole is on the top of the Cooler Master Stacker, i havent said a specific model because i know that all of the newer ones have it. it crossed my mind that maybe a Optical Drive (DVD/CD Drive) can go in there?

Master Mind

Master Mind

Yeah thats what I want to do.

So how many slots do I have left for fans if I don't use the Cross Side Ventilation Panel, and what fans should I use?

Kent.

the side panel you are talking about? if you dont use the cross blower on the side panel (300mm) you can put 4 fans of any size from 140mm downwards on to the side panel itself. providing you have the side fan panel with the case itself.

that is why i bought the 830 evo, it comes with every optional extra for the CM Stackers. off memory it comes with wheels (pedestal), LED cage for HDD's, and the Side Fan Tray

Master Mind

joeswm8

again, go with WCing and forget about fans. you dont know what you are missing (and neither do i, i just learned about it a month ago and now i am addicted)

Master Mind

XRT, i would recommend the quietest fans possible if you are going to run all 9 at the same time on full speed, i have purchased Noctua 8dBA case fans which are pretty much inaudible to the human hear.

Master Mind

I am putting a thermostat in my new case linked to these. It will only cut on when needed, I have a few ideas for some custom modding. I have a friend who owns a refrigeration business, and he can rig me up a thermostat to these 2 monsters.

Master Mind

Yeah but I cant use the Cross Side Ventilation Panel remember?

Kent.

yer i know what you mean (i think lol), that just means that you cant use the big ass 30cm fan on the side panel due to the fact that it sticks out a lot more.

**Cross Flow Fan will NOT work with the Nvidia 8800 Series or the ATI R600 Cards**

**Cross Flow Fan will NOT work with any video Cards longer than 12" Inches!**

it doesnt say anything about the panel itself being in the way, just that you cant fit a card of the 8800's size into the case with the 30cm at the same time.

Master Mind