Filling the CM Stacker?

Master Mind

I am putting a thermostat in my new case linked to these. It will only cut on when needed, I have a few ideas for some custom modding. I have a friend who owns a refrigeration business, and he can rig me up a thermostat to these 2 monsters.

whoa! 53dba lol, do they come with complementary ear plugs? i hope you have some powerful speakers lol. good luck with them little beasty fans lol

Master Mind

Master Mind

another thing i remember reading about is that the 830 nvidia and 830 evo stackers are both certified for 8800 series SLI due to the cooling, obviously with the use of the side fan tray with 4 fans.

Master Mind

Tuffie

I was also thinking about modding the side of the case by finding some sort of temprature gauge on it, would anyone know anything about this?

Kent.

Master Mind

do you mean as in showing from the outside of the side panel? or as a drive slot temperature guage?....

Master Mind

Tuffie

If I can find one that goes in an optical drive slot that would be good, but whatever I can find is good.

Kent.

Master Mind

yeah, im hoping to actually get a one that shows the temps. i rekon they look pretty cool with the temps on LCD screen.

have a look at the Thermaltake HardCano. heres a link because i know i cbf looking it up if i were you

theres this Zalman ZM-MFC1 which looks pretty cool too.

im hoping for one that will control up to 10 fans possibly. tell me if you find one similar to that.

Cheers,
Master Mind

konstruct

actually the fella above I believe stumbled onto something; I think with the 8800's installed its only the 30cm fan you wont be able to use

with the 8800's installed you "should" still be able to use that wide wall that has all the fans mounted to it. One thing is FOR sure with 8800's, especailly two of them in SLI you NEED side fans, those cards act as wall partitions in your home. the front to back air flow is not going to work one you install those partitions. worse case senario some modding!

The top whole you see is for an 8omm chinmey fan>>>>> very cool

I have purchased an extra drive cage from Coolermaster, that allows you to NICELY mount another 120mm fan to the drive cage and slide it into front of case, I love those things!

if you like bling bling
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/4...rd_Reader_-_Black.html?tl=g34c137&id=x8Lj5q4s

I still havent heard you talk about your PSU choice :rolleyes:

Master Mind

yer cool you understand what im on about Konstruct. my case arrived today but no one was home at the time, so they are coming back on thursday because of wednesday is Anzac Day and no one is working ( public holiday ).

i will post some pictures and maybe a little review. i will tell you if the 8800gtx fits into the case with 4 120mm side fans installed Kent.

Master Mind

Tuffie

Thanks alot.

I am also thinking about choosing a different box, but its unlikely that I can take my mind off the CM stacker.

Kent.

Master Mind

what model were you thinking of getting?
i went with the Black 830 Evolution, this comes with every optional extra from the Stacker 83* series.

ie, this case comes with the HDD cage, Wheels, Side Fan Tray and some other stuff. i went with Black because the main "theme" of my computer is Black.

ill will post some pictures on Thursday for ya's...

Master Mind

Tuffie

I am going to either get the black one or the Nvidia one.

Still looking at different cases though.

Kent.

Master Mind

black one? theres the 830, 830 evo, 831, 832 and the 832 Nvidia Stacker's. the 830, 830 evo, and the 831 come in Silver Or Black, but the evo comes with all accessories.

Master Mind

Tuffie

I was thinking of either getting the:

CM Stacker 830-NVIDIA Edition

or the

CM Stacker 832.

But I am still looking at different cases, do you know another site good for chassis?

Kent,

PohTayToez

I am going to get one of the three following chassis:

Chassis: CoolerMaster - CM Stacker 830-NVIDIA Edition
-CM Stacker 832
-CM Stacker 831

How much do you think it will cost to fill all nine (9) fan slots?

Kent.

$9, plus shipping.

I often see fans on sell for $1 each... try TigerDirect

Tuffie

Thanks Konstruct, I will look into that.

PohTayToez: It would be wonderfull if you could read the full thread, before posting.

Kent.

PohTayToez

Thanks Konstruct, I will look into that.

PohTayToez: It would be wonderfull if you could read the full thread, before posting.

Kent.

That's funny, because it looks to me that I was the only one that actually directly answered your question. :rolleyes:

konstruct

That's funny, because it looks to me that I was the only one that actually directly answered your question. :rolleyes:

the original question = yes but we have ventured abit further ;)

also; the OP's build is a high class big budget rig, that case alone is $200.00 or more. I dont think I would leave the task of cooling two 8800's to a group of one dollar fans ?