Finally did cable management

Laquer Head

Animals. We have a large dog and a long haired cat. The cat is an indoor-outdoor pet and he brings in a lot of dust. He also enjoys sleeping on my desk and the PC sucks in a lot of his dust.
Definitely invest in one of those electronic dusters, you can literally do one big manual clean of entire machine - then just air dust every few days and it will never be like that anymore.

Darren

Staff member
I vividly recall you saying on more than one occasion you dust it every week but then you post pictures of it and it's literally always dusty.

The VCR King

Definitely invest in one of those electronic dusters, you can literally do one big manual clean of entire machine - then just air dust every few days and it will never be like that anymore.
My house is really dusty because we have two animals that shed a lot, the cat box is in the proximity of my PC (in the corner of the office) so every time the cat covers up his crap the litter dust gets kicked up around the office, we make sculptures out of scrap wood and there's wood particles in the air upstairs where we have the woodworking area at which is the room adjacent to the office. We vacuum weekly and dust off everything but my PC seems to suck everything in anyways.

I should get some fan filters tbh

Geoff

VIP Member
You need to route more of your cables behind the motherboard tray, don't route them over the motherboard and just stuff the excess in those holes.

Also, to really clean it up you need to take it apart, clean the case, then put it back together.

Laquer Head

You need to route more of your cables behind the motherboard tray, don't route them over the motherboard and just stuff the excess in those holes.

Also, to really clean it up you need to take it apart, clean the case, then put it back together.

THIS ^^^ 100%

mistersprinkles

With all the problems the poor kid has had with his computer completely disassembling it is the last thing I would do lest he introduce further problems.

The VCR King

With all the problems the poor kid has had with his computer completely disassembling it is the last thing I would do lest he introduce further problems.
Yeah I'll pass on that one. I'd be more willing to risk putting the whole rig through the dishwasher before I'd actually rebuild it. Lol.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yeah I'll pass on that one. I'd be more willing to risk putting the whole rig through the dishwasher before I'd actually rebuild it. Lol.
Oh god....a S.T.A.R.S. Junior in the making....

Last edited by a moderator:

JLuchinski

But that's the fun part of owning a PC. I love taking my system apart, cleaning it, re-applying thermal past and putting it back together.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
But that's the fun part of owning a PC. I love taking my system apart, cleaning it, re-applying thermal past and putting it back together.
I'm not sure ripping everything apart to reapply paste is fun, but to each their own :p

You just have to look back through VCR kings threads to see why it may not be a good idea for him to do it.

Looking at the before and after that he posted...did anything really change?

Geoff

VIP Member
Why? Do you not remember how to build a computer? Honestly, doing a complete tear down, rebuild, and reinstall of the OS could potentially fix some of your issues.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I need to tear my rig down for its annual cleaning sometime soon. It's a bit nasty.