Finally did cable management

The VCR King

Why? Do you not remember how to build a computer? Honestly, doing a complete tear down, rebuild, and reinstall of the OS could potentially fix some of your issues.
I know how to build a computer from the ground up. I've built plenty of rigs for friends and family.

I'm just afraid to disassemble my rig because with all the issues it already has, I don't want to potentially create more.

Darren

Staff member
If anything you'd probably be more likely to fix your issue than make it worse. I still think you've got some weird grounding issue or something not done quite right. A complete tear down, clean, and rebuild is never a bad idea. Especially if it's this dusty. I do a teardown/clean everytime I add a part which at my current rate puts me at every year. As long as you've had it and given that you haven't before you definitely should.

Not like we can't help you if you do bork it.

The VCR King

If anything you'd probably be more likely to fix your issue than make it worse. I still think you've got some weird grounding issue or something not done quite right. A complete tear down, clean, and rebuild is never a bad idea. Especially if it's this dusty. I do a teardown/clean everytime I add a part which at my current rate puts me at every year. As long as you've had it and given that you haven't before you definitely should.

Not like we can't help you if you do bork it.
I very well may go ahead and try rebuilding it over spring break when I have time to actually sit down with it and concentrate and take my time working on it without rushing

Darren

Staff member
A full rebuild takes less than half a day to do...
If you're booking it you can completely tear down and rebuild in an hour or so depending on the set up and experience level. I've had a few instances at work having to do case swaps or PSU installs while the customer waits and watches. Gotten pretty good at being quick with it. Half a day is like taking your time on your first build slow. :p

Intel_man

VIP Member
I was talking about disassembling each part, doing a full cleanup and putting it back together properly with cable management. That will take more than an hour...