Firefox (2 or 3) vs new google chrome

curtains

OK so i was on Tgdaily.com (i donno if anyone reads that), but alota ppl was like wow chromes so cool .. "its so fast", well i am a big fan of google too.. but this ..

i personally think its no faster than FF3 in terms of rendering pages, though i know its only a beta it does have a few issues i'll name the biggest issues i can think of.

firstly why put the tab bar at the top? i mean most peoples mouses usually sit somewhere near like eye level right? so when the tab bar is at the bottom of all the stuff (like in ff3) its faster to click right? but chrome has it at the top? which means further even thou its only like 2cm further away u can still feel it.

2ndly if ur a avid internet surfer like me and go on wikipedia and open a tab for everything interesting to read later, then u end up with 20+ tabs alot, first not about this they shrink the tabs and when u have 20+ tabs u an't read the name of the tabs(very annoying), 2ndly 20+ tabs on chrome uses 25% of my processing power non-stop (i'm running a e6400 at 3.2ghz(x2)) 25%!!! thats heaps ff3 only uses like 1%, anyone else experianced this?

another annoying thing is that if you close the browser it won't save your tabs, i hate having 2 open all my tabs again back in ff2 but when ff3 came out i was like this is awesome, chome doesn't seem 2 do that

no true zooming, jst like IE and saffari(well last time i check), it only has text zooming, so if your like me and bit blind and want to zoom into pictures too then .. chrome won't do this unlike the tech FF3 which has true zooming which is like awesome!!!

it also uses slightly more ram!, open source!! so less secure... (as ppl can jst get the scource)

I'm gona stick with my FF3, just as fast if not faster, better tab positioning, and doesn't use 25% of my cpu power just to have 20+ tabs open.

maybe i'm jst a fanboy .. or maybe FF3 is jst better...

What do u guys think?

Motoxrdude

Go into Options and you can set it to save your tabs and what not. I actually like how it puts the tabs on the very top. It saves a lot of screen space. O and that comment about how it is less secure because it is open source is crap. Look at linux. The entire OS is open source!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i like it its realy fast,is this the end for everyone loving Firefox? :D

Kesava

I reckon it looks horrible. However it is fast, in my experience, alot faster then firefox.
Ill use it once the Mac version comes out.

Who cares if its beta. Stop whinging.
I mean if there are problems you are having with it then fine. But its ignorant to "simply refuse" and not even try it.

I still love my FF, however I'm currently using safari cos its not that bad to use, ive fine tuned it so it works pretty fast. I tried it in windows and hated it, now in OS X its not bad. Its faster then chrome with the settings ive changed.
But as i said, as soon as the mac version is released, ill probably start using chrome.

cohen

I still remain with firefox :D
1. i simply refuse to use beta software
2. I'll try it when the full version is out.

Your the same as my friend, just because it is a beta version doesn't mean it isn't any good!

He refuses to use Beta Software.

Sometimes it is a good thing, sometimes it is bad. You get to know the features for when the full / real version comes out :p

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
But its ignorant to "simply refuse" and not even try it.
I don't think there's anything bad about refusing to use beta software, beta software is usually still buggy. I'm one of those people, I simply just prefer stable and thoroughly tested software that I'm sure won't crap out on me. When it's out of its beta stage, though, I definitely will give it a shot.

Encryptor

After a few hours testing Chrome, I've noticed a few bugs and worst 3 security flaws, which can force the browser to execute code on your Computer.

I'll not post how on here for obvious reasons, but have passed it on to Google.

Firefox is by far the most secure browser at the moment.

Encryptor
Linux rocks the planet...

Encryptor

Chrome's Terms Of Service is a nasty piece of work.

I forgot to mention that, their T&C is a complete joke and no-one should use that browser until they re-write the T&C, Simply put whatever you do online via their browser now belongs to Google.

Encryptor
Linux rocks the planet...

mushroom-eater

I rather use Firefox than chrome. According to most people who have used it said that it has alot of bugs. I'd prefer to use Firefox for now.

mikesrex

I bet Firefox and others will play catch-up and come out with a browser that is just as fast, if not faster, than Chrome. Let's take advantage of all these multi-core processors!