Firefox 4. What do you think?

linux992

It took a bit of tinkering to get the refresh button back on the left hand side of the screen, but everything else I find to be wonderful.

I would like to know how you did that I'm not really liking the refresh as part of the address bar.

AE7

I heard about the improved JavaScript engine in FF4. I found some lag in an AJAX intensive app at work in FF3, so I tested with FF4, this lag is not present with FF4.

Calibretto

VIP Member
Loving it so far. I actually switched back from Chrome. There are a lot of features that work better in FF anyway.

teamhex

I like it,Its fast...and has not crashed yet so....I dont bother with any add-ons,All they do is slow it down imo.

You dont bother with add-ons because all they do is slow it down?
What about an add-on like "adblock plus"?
One that stops ad's from having to load on every page?

The only thing I dont like about it so far is my add on to give the bookmark bar an extra row doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:

Nanobyte

..........What about an add-on like "adblock plus"?
One that stops ad's from having to load on every page?
I use NoScript rather than Adblock. I don't know how they compare for removing nuisances. I'm more concerned about all the tracking stuff than the ads.

The only thing I don't like about it so far is my add on to give the bookmark bar an extra row doesn't work anymore.
I don't have to use my bookmarks very much. My home page (self-written) is on my PC so it opens instantly and all my common links (about 30 of them) are on that home page. A new tab opens with the home page (add-on) so I get my common links right there, every time.

FrillyBits

FireFox 4

Loving FireFox 4 :cool:
The only thing I dont like about it so far is my add on to give the bookmark bar an extra row doesn't work anymore.

I have a Netbook and I need to save all the screen space I can so a Bookmarks Toolbar is not good for me. Long ago I used the Add-on SiteLauncher it worked well but I just don't need it now, you might want to have a look.

All my regular Bookmarks have a Keyword so they are only ever a few keystokes away.
I did put some Bookmarks on the Bookmarks Toolbar then I went to Customize and dragged the Bookmarks Toolbar Items to the Navigation Toolbar
I hid the Menu and Bookmarks toolbars, the Bookmarks icon has also appeared on the Navigation bar now.

I use NoScript rather than Adblock. I don't know how they compare for removing nuisances. I'm more concerned about all the tracking stuff than the ads.

AdBlock Plus will remove the ads and also rearrange the page, great for people with small screen Netbooks. I get a shock when I go to websites with IE and see ads I never knew existed.
I had NoScript for 2 months but in all honesty it drove me crazy, even when I selected Allow on a site I would still get blocks and have to allow again.

If you want to opt out of AdYieldManager then that's easy, read about it Here and Opt Out Here

Addons I now have:
FlashBlock
AdBlock Plus
DownThemAll
FlashGot

teamhex

I don't have to use my bookmarks very much. My home page (self-written) is on my PC so it opens instantly and all my common links (about 30 of them) are on that home page. A new tab opens with the home page (add-on) so I get my common links right there, every time.

I'm just commenting on the fact that FireFox can be just as fast when using add-ons that block things from loading. Have they really even compared the load times of each browser with certain add-ons?

lucasbytegenius

Firefox claims itself to be fastest browser available in the market.It has the maximum number of plugins as compared to other well known browsers such as google chrome and Internet Explorer.Plugins are easy to install and recieves updates frequently.

203-omg.jpg

daveedmiller

Mozilla officially released Firefox, a major update of the net browser open source popular. The new version offers an improved user interface much, & significant performance improvements, strong support for the latest Web standards, & thrilling new features such as built-in support for synchronizing bookmarks & other information from the browser.

concrete

I like that now I can save the password not only when you have entered the site. Tab Candy is another great innovation. Now it is much more pleasant to work in it because it works really fast.

Last edited:

Motorcharge

The speed is a vast improvement over previous versions, but I hate that they've basically copied Chrome. Tabs on top, menus switched to mirror it, ect. Add on management sucks now as well.

Overall I like it, but I'd much rather it look and feel like previous versions with the efficiency improvements.

Also, I dunno if it's a browser issue or an issue on my end, but it seems when I'm running lots of flash dependent shit, like stickam, multiple youtube videos loading, ect I'll shoot up to 100% cpu usage. If I exit FF and use another browser the issue goes away and as soon as I open FF again it comes back til I close FF or restart.

ktec

The speed is a vast improvement over previous versions, but I hate that they've basically copied Chrome. Tabs on top, menus switched to mirror it, ect. Add on management sucks now as well.

Overall I like it, but I'd much rather it look and feel like previous versions with the efficiency improvements.

Also, I dunno if it's a browser issue or an issue on my end, but it seems when I'm running lots of flash dependent shit, like stickam, multiple youtube videos loading, ect I'll shoot up to 100% cpu usage. If I exit FF and use another browser the issue goes away and as soon as I open FF again it comes back til I close FF or restart.
you can still make it look like FF3.. I did and I love it. Just add the Menu Bar