<--first build-->

madman14

hi, im goin to build my 1st computer and am looking for some help.

want the core 2 duo E6600 and the Geforce 8800GTS.. still having propblems with motherboards tho.. some help please also do you know of any better alternatives at the same price to what ive listed.

thx :D

Calibretto

VIP Member
Both of your choices for CPU and GPU are great. You might be able to upgrade your GPU for just a little more money but not sure. What else do you have in mind for your other components?

Last edited:

madman14

well i want around 3-4 gb of RAM.. im just having a problem choosing which motherboard cos i want a cheap one which is goin to run well and last.

madman14

thx for the mobo help :)another thing is i kno theres diffrent version of the 8800 GTS but dont kno which one to get..im not intrested in SLI or OC'ing.. some help pls :)

madman14

i want to keep it under £1000( im from the UK ) im basicly want to narrow the cost as good as possible stuff but still be the best.. if u get me.

lovely?

i would go for a good solid motherboard like the p35-ds3l, an e8400, your 8800GTS, and 2x2GB sticks of ddr800, cl4 if possible.

madman14

think i will go with the e8400 and the XFX gforce 8800 gts 512mb.. thats all i know so far. woundnt DDR2 memory be better?