First Comp. 1500$ - Monitor +Case

Rawlaw

The sale ends today so ill get that.

A while ago someone recomended the foxconn bloodrage
newegg deactivated it tho. which is better?

and should i get core i5 or i7? Whats the difference between them?

Bodaggit23

The sale ends today so ill get that.

A while ago someone recomended the foxconn bloodrage
newegg deactivated it tho. which is better?

and should i get core i5 or i7? Whats the difference between them?

Sale for what ends today? That's just for the extra $10 discount. The $30
rebate has been there for a long time.

The BloodRage GTI is still available, and offers both Crossfire/SLI but you've chosen an ATI card, so you'll never need SLI.

If you have the money, I would get a Core i7 920.

If the budget gets too tight, get a Core i5 750. That's a different motherboard though.

Rawlaw

i don't mind red in fact, it will look better in my cooler master. if u include the power supply i'm down about 1200$. is that enough to get i7 along with the mobo, RAM, Vid card?

Rawlaw

i got the cooler master haf 932 and it has a window, i think red would look pretty good in it right?

bomberboysk

That's debatable.

920 is socket 1366, fits the motherboard you chose.

860 is socket 1156, would not work with your current board.

Here's a link to a black PSU if interested:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10005611&prodlist=celebros
Just fyi, i had the black one in my post as well as the red one:p

Personally i love the red one and think it looks pretty nice, again opinions vary on it however.
If your budget allows, this gpu is quite a bit more powerful as well as DX11:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102857

Rawlaw

Ya i still have 50-100$ left but what core i7 should i get the one that is compatible with my mobo or the one that isn't but is faster?

bomberboysk

Ya i still have 50-100$ left but what core i7 should i get the one that is compatible with my mobo or the one that isn't but is faster?
The 920 will be overall faster, because the other is 1156 and would require you to go with dual channel instead of triple channel memory. Again, if you live near a microcenter the i7 920 is $199;)

Rawlaw

There isn't a microcenter nearby. Looked around on google and didn't find anything better price. I guess i am also going to need a good speaker system, my whole garage is filled with old speakers but most of them are just too horrible :). I am sure a logitech speakers will be what i want?

FATALiiTYz

Yeah they're really great for the price. I have the Logitech X-530 and wouldn't change a thing. (Newegg has the X-540), even better!

Bodaggit23

Just fyi, i had the black one in my post as well as the red one:p

FYI, I know. That's where I got the link.

It was all jumbled into the same mess, and you stated the link was for the red one,
so I posted it separately, just in case the OP would have preferred it.

Moving on...