First Comp. 1500$ - Monitor +Case

Bodaggit23

under what category does newegg sell the internal modems? i cant find it anywhere

What do you mean "internal modem"? Your modem is supplied by your ISP and it plugs into your phone/cable jack, and that's what you plug your computer into.

Most modern boards I've seen come with onboard LAN/Ethernet. You won't need anything extra to plug your computer into your modem besides an Ethernet cable.

Rawlaw

Also i have the old list with my friends choices and that list when u add the case an monitor comes out to 1700 i dont know how i am going to do the 300$ card because that would put me way over the top

Bodaggit23

Also i have the old list with my friends choices and that list when u add the case an monitor comes out to 1700 i dont know how i am going to do the 300$ card because that would put me way over the top

Your first post states: "Already have cooler master HAF 932 and a Dell 24 inch monitor"

Adding a monitor to the build now?

Post your current list, include everything you plan to buy.

Rawlaw

the monitor and the cooler master are included in the 1700$ so really i have 1400$ left for everything else

srry if i was unclear.

Rawlaw

i already have the case (cooler master 932) 100$ and monitor (Dell don't know the exact link) 200$

don't u think i should buy a dvd drive with reviews?

i have a terabit hardrive already here so do i need a 500gb?

is that video card very good?

i can go roughly 200$ more

i still need an internal modem i cant find the newegg category

bomberboysk

i already have the case (cooler master 932) 100$ and monitor (Dell don't know the exact link) 200$

Newegg reviews dont mean anything. No, you dont need another hard drive if you have another one, and that gpu is basically on par with the gtx275, if you want even better performance as well as DX11 look at the 5850. Also, go with the original motherboard you were looking at, the bloodrage GTI, not the flamingblade gti.

Bodaggit23

My head is starting to hurt...

1. If you're buying a case, it needs to be included in the list.
2. If you're buying a monitor, it needs to be included in the list.
3. If you have a hard drive already, why does your wishlist have a VelociRaptor in it?
4. That video card will smoke a 9800GTX
5. You do NOT need an "internal modem" as I already explained HERE:
http://www.computerforum.com/165239-first-comp-1500-monitor-case-7.html#post1377847

bomberboysk

My head is starting to hurt...

1. If you're buying a case, it needs to be included in the list.
2. If you're buying a monitor, it needs to be included in the list.
3. If you have a hard drive already, why does your wishlist have a VelociRaptor in it?
4. That video card will smoke a 9800GTX
5. You do NOT need an "internal modem" as I already explained HERE:
http://www.computerforum.com/165239-first-comp-1500-monitor-case-7.html#post1377847
Im assuming modem, not ethernet/lan. iirc over 50% of internet users are still on a dialup connection.

Rawlaw

bomberboysk

You have DSL, meaning you would already have a modem, and therefore it probably uses ethernet which is already built into the motherboard. Stick with the PCP&C you have in the list there for power supply;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226028

Last edited: