First Custom Build PC Specs Ok???

StrangleHold

Staff member
also don't get caviar green, it is slower than crap, either get a blue at least, pref a samsung or cav black 7200rpm, best option is 2 samsung f3's or caviar blacks 1tb's running in raid 0, will be wayy faster, not near ssd, but still blazing fast for a mechanical hdd.

The W/D green 2TB. is for a storage drive, will work just fine. The build has a 120gb. SSD.

jonnyp11

for a single card on the first go with say a corsair tx650 or an antec/xfx/pc p&c/seasonic/silverstone of the same watts, for the second with the dual xeons or whatever i'd say closer to a 750 or 800, i think those xeons are about 100-125w

and for the drives i was saying that since he is going for such an expensive and powerful setup he might as well have faster storage drives too, i mean for how much he's spending another 60 or so can't really hurt for a good speed boost.

drewster

Awesome guys!! Ok! So 800W... nothing else I need to worry about? Any other things I should double check, or high points of interest I should be especially cautious about?

drewster

OH!! One last thing, we never got around to figuring exactly what memory I should go with. Ideas were thrown around, but what's the general consensus as to what memory I should go with?

jonnyp11

wait, which socket did you decide on, that's the main decider, but i know we were saying 1600mhz and either 8 or 12gb's would be plenty.