First PC Build

Trbk2601

Is this compatibile and are both mobos compatible with other parts? Is big difference going for b250? What is max fps it can run CS:GO?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-08-19-08-31.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-08-19-08-31.png
    160 KB · Views: 12

mistersprinkles

That power supply is garbage. Also, 4GB of RAM? That's not enough. You should get at least 8 if not 16. Get two identical sticks so it can run dual channel.

It will run CS GO comfortably not sure what FPS you can look that up.

Get a Corsair, Seasonic, EVGA, XFX, Superflower, or BeQuiet! power supply. Go on JohnnyGuru's website to find out which powersupplies don't suck in your price range.

Get a B250 board. H110 would require a bios update.

Deadpool

He meant to. He wants to know which board he should get.

Oh true. Thanks.

Then both are but get the B250. You should also get a bigger storage. Better quality too. I would say 16Gb RAM but 8Gb is enough for now. More at your budget.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jZKwpb

You could get the 1050 Ti for $30 more. It´s worth the jump if you have the money. Although I don´t know how prices are in Croatia.

Trbk2601

Oh true. Thanks.

Then both are but get the B250. You should also get a bigger storage. Better quality too. I would say 16Gb RAM but 8Gb is enough for now. More at your budget.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jZKwpb

You could get the 1050 Ti for $30 more. It´s worth the jump if you have the money. Although I don´t know how prices are in Croatia.
Thanks, I will probably wait a little bit to see how new ryzens will performe and save some money to increase budget.

Trbk2601

Is this ok?
Future upgrades: SSD 60GB for OS and some game
4GB DDR4 RAM or sell this 4GB DDR4 and buy one 8GB and having 1 free slot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-10-19-53-00.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-10-19-53-00.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 4

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do not get a 60gb SSD, you'll run out of room shortly after installing windows. Get 120gb minimum but I recommend getting a 250gb. Also get the western digital 1tb caviar blue 64mb cache drive, those 250gb drives or old and slower. Would not get the g4560. Minimum I3 but really should get an I5. As far as memory goes, get 8gb minimum so 2 x 4gb sticks.

Deadpool

Is this ok?
Future upgrades: SSD 60GB for OS and some game
4GB DDR4 RAM or sell this 4GB DDR4 and buy one 8GB and having 1 free slot

Try to get an 8Gb stick. Try also to get more storage. A 250Gb HDD+60Gb SSD will make your life kind of hard. I assume from your components you have a low budget for this build, but bad quality PSUs are a bad idea. Usually when PSUs fail, they do not go alone. Try to get the EVGA or Corsair low budget series (like the CX from corsair and the EVGA 430/500)

As far as memory goes, get 8gb minimum so 2 x 4gb sticks.

I´d say 1x8Gb since it´s a mATX with only 2 slots.

I see you are writing from Croatia. Good luck getting quality parts. I remember my 1st desktop that I bought in Serbia (my current one). How much is your budget? What do you want to use it for?

As far as I understand it, that CPU is still strong when paired with a strong graphics card. CS:GO will definitely run on it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah you are right but I imagined he may want to have 16B someday and would be a bit more problematic to do it if he had both slots populated with 4Gb sticks.
If he decided to upgrade later, it would be easier to sell 2 sticks instead of 1 because most people want dual channel.

Deadpool

Yeah probably not many people. I mean Dual channel is not a huge deal anyways. I would prefer not to have all my slots populated but that´s just me. It would be ideal if he could just get 2 8Gb sticks and forget about it.