First PC Build

Intel_man

VIP Member
The people that only bought 1 4gb stick and want to upgrade to 8gb perhaps? :) easier to sell matching sticks then an oddball stick right?
You might as well buy a single stick of 8gb. Cost vs performance wise, it's roughly the same.

Availability of 4gb ddr4 sticks is probably not that common.

Trbk2601

I changed PSU and found cheaper RAM(I will stay with 4GB DDR4 for now ) and changed case cause it looks better :D ( 3 dollars diffrence) and selected 2 case fans(size checked).
Total price: converted form Croatian kuna to dollars: 430$

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-11-16-06-57.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-11-16-06-57.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 5

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member

Trbk2601

That system is gonna be so slow, you'll hate it. 4gb of ram just isn't enough these days. Again, the hard drive will be slow as well.

Look at this price difference.

250gb 8mb cache drive - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136113&ignorebbr=1 48.44
1tb 64mb cache drive - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339&ignorebbr=1 54.99

Kind of a no brainer there correct? You can do what you want but you'll be unhappy with it.
HDD:I know it is 2x more expensive and I get 4x more storage but I reached my budget limit if not gone over it.
RAM: gonna buy one more stick for sure when I save up
Problem is I am only 16 yo so it is hard to save money,
anyway thanks for help. :)

I know that you want to play just one game, but I have to agree with johnb35...

At least get an SSD. I know the G4560 is a great budget CPU, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
8GB RAM is the bare minimum now, and that 2GB video card won't do you much good.

Oh, I didn't know you are 16. Bummer, dude.

Deadpool

HDD:I know it is 2x more expensive and I get 4x more storage but I reached my budget limit if not gone over it.
RAM: gonna buy one more stick for sure when I save up
Problem is I am only 16 yo so it is hard to save money,
anyway thanks for help. :)

1- It´s not 2x the price. It´s like $5 more.
2- The amount of space is not the only thing to consider. One has 8Mb cache and the other 64Mb, which means it´s gonna be faster in some situations.

Your CPU and GPU are decent for the money. There are tons of people who get that and are happy. The rest of the computer should be changed. Get a better HDD and more RAM. It´s gonna drive you nuts to buy all good components and a garbage HDD and low RAM because you´ll be bottlenecking your other components. There is nothing worse than that. You´ll have a computer that takes 30 seconds to open Chrome because your HDD is bad, and the rest of the computer is good, but it won´t matter.

Other thing. Try to buy the 4Gb version of the 460. It´s usually pretty close in price.

Last edited:

Deadpool

Then save up more money before wasting the money you have.

THAT. Save some cash and get something worthwhile.

How much would something like this cost you?

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9ZcZHN
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9ZcZHN/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: *ASRock B250M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($66.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($50.83 @ Newegg)
Storage: *Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: *Sapphire Radeon RX 460 4GB NITRO Video Card ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Zalman ZM-T1 PLUS MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($28.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $402.65
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-11 11:48 EST-0500

Trbk2601

1- It´s not 2x the price. It´s like $5 more.
2- The amount of space is not the only thing to consider. One has 8Mb cache and the other 64Mb, which means it´s gonna be faster in some situations.

Your CPU and GPU are decent for the money. There are tons of people who get that and are happy. The rest of the computer should be changed. Get a better HDD and more RAM. It´s gonna drive you nuts to buy all good components and a garbage HDD and low RAM because you´ll be bottlenecking your other components. There is nothing worse than that. You´ll have a computer that takes 30 seconds to open Chrome because your HDD is bad, and the rest of the computer is good, but it won´t matter.

Other thing. Try to buy the 4Gb version of the 460. It´s usually pretty close in price.
250gb is 30$ and 1tb is 60$, if it was just 5$ I would choose 1tb for sure, I will try to find some kind of job, increase budget and hopefully buy better ram and hdd

Trbk2601

THAT. Save some cash and get something worthwhile.

How much would something like this cost you?

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9ZcZHN
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9ZcZHN/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: *ASRock B250M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($66.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($50.83 @ Newegg)
Storage: *Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: *Sapphire Radeon RX 460 4GB NITRO Video Card ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Zalman ZM-T1 PLUS MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($28.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($38.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $402.65
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-11 11:48 EST-0500

At least 450$, Rx 460 2gb is selling for ~125, problem is that our sellers need to buy products and pay shipping from other countries so prices are higher cause they need to profit

Deadpool

At least 450$, Rx 460 2gb is selling for ~125, problem is that our sellers need to buy products and pay shipping from other countries so prices are higher cause they need to profit

Well that´s not so different from $430. As I said what I recommend is this:

1- Get at least 8Gb RAM
2- Get a card with at least 4Gb VRAM
3- Get a decent HDD (This is the most important one)

Trbk2601

Well that´s not so different from $430. As I said what I recommend is this:

1- Get at least 8Gb RAM
2- Get a card with at least 4Gb VRAM
3- Get a decent HDD (This is the most important one)
I said at least 450$, even 30$ is unfortunately big difference for me, hdd is on first place, than ram and I read that rx 460 4GB vram editon is not that big diffrence from 2gb vram in gaming, for that money I would better buy better edition of some other pc part

Deadpool

I will try, hdd is on first place, than ram and I read that rx 460 4GB vram editon is not that big diffrence from 2gb vram in gaming, for that money I would better buy better edition of some other pc part

There is no increase on FPS with more VRAM. It all depends on your monitor. What monitor do you have? The closest thing to the 460 is the 1050ti. Then the 470.