Fish Tank Full Of Veggie Oil For Computer.

SubDude199

lol.. ohh yea.. I would watch..hehe..

so I am still waiting for the pump to get the radiator setup going.. should be here early this week.. I talked to the person on thursday, he said it was shipped 2 days ago using GAY FIRAT CLASS MAIL.. so I bought another one and paid extra for priority mail, so he shipped a nother one friday using priority.. and I accidently won another trans cooler..lol.. so I think I will have the big trans cooler pre cooling the oil outside to get rid of the majority of the heat so it wont heat up my room., then I will add some chill to it infront of the air conditioner (or inside a small freezer?...hehe) I will have to see how temp run..

K3rupt

I mean sealing off all the Pci Slots and That. Too keep them in good condition. . .

It will be alot slipperier than before, But sure, will still work same.

taylormsj

I havent read through the whole thread - but the pics look nice - pleasse tell me you sealed the heat sink and the mounting bracket and the mmounting bracket and mothebroard with silicone - if not you might want to drain it and do that.

K3rupt

I havent read through the whole thread - but the pics look nice - pleasse tell me you sealed the heat sink and the mounting bracket and the mmounting bracket and mothebroard with silicone - if not you might want to drain it and do that.

He didnt.

SubDude199

I dont feel like anything will happen from it.. and if it does I am plaing a C2Q (quad) build begining of august.. so its a good experiment to see if you really need to seal it or not.. I dont see why there would be anything wrong with it, its not going to short anything out, I dont think there is a problem if it works its way under the processor into the pins, its no diffrent that any other component on the mobo.. Im sure it has worked it way it its been submerged for over a week and no problems yet.. I guess only time will tell. I will keep you updated

--do you have any articles or experence that says it should be sealed, and why?..-- (im not trying to chalenge it, I just curious)

thanks

K3rupt

It's Not a Major Issue, But I found an Article

"We also used it around the processor, because we heard that the capacitance of the oil creates problems with very dense contacts like you find on a CPU. However, we admit that the silicon was applied very poorly around the CPU, and yet the system was EXTREMELY stable. We didn't have one problem or crash, so next time we'd probably skip putting the silicon around the CPU."

So from their Experience i would put it round it, even tho not vital, Just as a Precaution. . .

EGS

banned
I've finally got an idea for this...for your solution for the oil heating. :D

Pour some oil in an ice tray and freeze overnight, then just drop in the fish tank daily. :D:D:D:D

Deepblue

from what i have seen this can be done but i wouldn't do it the mess of draining it to replace a card would suck and you would have to seal it good.

Its a neat idea but not very useful.

SubDude199

crazy eh.. lol.. I will take it..

well its good to know that they said they would skip it next time..

I got the pumps today and fans today, I decied to put one pump at each end of the tank. Here is how it looks so far

Picture002-4.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

(these Pictures also added to my original pic post on page 6)

Last edited:

SubDude199

ok.. I got the radiator all set up.. I have to admin, it looks AWSOME.. right out of a science fiction movie..:

Picture002-6.jpg

Picture003-4.jpg

OK.. so, heres what we got, 2 Pump sumirged in the the fish tank - one on each end, 3/8" inner diamater clear hose off the pumps into a T fitting, outlet of the T into the radiator, a/c cooling the oil..( fans when the a/c is off).. the radiator will go outside in winter.. The cardboard you see is just a little thing I made to force the air to blow on me on those hot days, does not effect the cooling of the oil, might actually help?.. but when I want cold air on my face I lower the cardboard thing, when I want to cool the whole room I lach it up... so back to the story, once the oil is cooled its travels back threw a diffrent hose to a T fitting, one end of the T unloads cold oil on the procrssor, the other on the video card..