Fish Tank Full Of Veggie Oil For Computer.

SubDude199

well if you watch videos from google or youtube on it, it seems that no one cools the oil.. i dont get it..

Last edited:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
45 at load is a good temp but 45 idle...ehh :p

Will be interesting to see how it turns out, never hurts to experiment.

Great work so far.

SubDude199

45 at load is a good temp but 45 idle...ehh :p

Will be interesting to see how it turns out, never hurts to experiment.

Great work so far.

well, when your in oil.. under load and idle are kinda the same thing, its just a delayed reaction, when under load it takes up to 15 min to get the temp up even a little, but once its up it stays up for HOURS!.. being idle overnight gives me about a 38C, but once I start using it durring the day it goes up and does not come down until hours after use.

Cleric7x9

i decreased my OC on my e6420 to 2.4ghz (still a mild overclock) and i idle at 24C and load at 29C. This is with the stock heatsink! I love the c2d.

Ryu Hitokiri

How does this not conduct electricity and fry your system? Plus, if you took it out, wouldn't it be greasy everywhere and your fans be gunked up?

SubDude199

I am not sure, no one ever reported on removing it that I know of. but I will be removing it in less than a month most likely when I build a new rig.. I plan on using it for a Media center computer.. at worst it will be a little greasy, but will still work.. the oil will only help the fans. If i let it drip dry for a few days It would be 95% back to normal.. I will let everyone know.. I think I may still use the radiator setup with a real liquid cooling on my C2Q build.

SubDude199

well.. I have considered it.. I go both ways on it, the main reason I dont want to do it is I want a nice clean looking build.. but if it does cool VERY VERY well when I get that pump I may consider it. Im not scurrd to put that kind of investment under oil if thats what you mean..lol

To build a real water cooling system that will cool as much as this does will require about $250 minimum of water blocks, not to mention the pump and radiator and lines.. you look at a $400+ cooling system.. this may even cool better than a regular liquic cooling can.. I have NEVER seen anyone cool the oil like I am.. we will just have to wait until I get my 1/2 HP pump to see!..

Last edited:

SubDude199

well I didnt get the pump friday or saturday, I hope I get it tommorow.. I just had the stick my whole arm in that oily hell to plug in another sata cable and IDE cable, it sucked. my pc was on all day so the oil was VERY HOT.. it was 117*F on the surface.. and much much hotter where the sata port was by the video card.. this has to be so bad for the computer not being cooled.. I need this fakin pump soon!.. my hand actually hurts.. I accidently hit the power button on the mobo when I was looking for the sata port and I could like feel and hear a humm or electricity or somehting.. I didnt like it..

holdenssx

Do you still have the PSU in there, it might be a good idea to take that out because I can imagine that would generate a good deal of heat, just a thought though.

spanky

Do you still have the PSU in there, it might be a good idea to take that out because I can imagine that would generate a good deal of heat, just a thought though.

I agree. It would be best to take it out. Although I've seen oil pc's with and without psu in the oil.

vision646

I agree, I know you didn't want all the cable sticking out, and it'll probably be a pain in the @ss at this point but it would probably bring your temps down quite a bit.

SubDude199

yea, I bet it would take temps down a bit, but its not worth lettin it drip and trying to clean it just yet, not until I take the whole pc out.. Im sure once I get the pump (still waiting for the mailmain today) it will keep nice and cool!..

SubDude199

ahh I already did it.. it was fun but I do wish I didnt some time.. I will be takin it out soon.. I got the pump yesterday but the thing is broke.. I am gettin ready to build a Q6600 rig and I will use this one for a media center PC. the pump is really heavy and I dont want to pay to return it and get a new one but it looks like I may have to.. I dono what to do..