Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

anbo369

My GPU client does work, it gets say 16% then it says something like nans detected on my gpu and it stops working, whats up with that?

G25r8cer

Due to my PSU failing (i think) I will not be folding as much until I get a new one. Will also be purchasing a 5850. Been searching around trying to find out what ppd to expect from it and found this:

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=110212

Looks like somewhere around 3600-4200ppd

Not bad considering the smp2 client can only utilize 300 or so stream processors

Cant wait until the new client comes out. Anyone heard new about it?

Jet

VIP Member
Due to my PSU failing (i think) I will not be folding as much until I get a new one. Will also be purchasing a 5850. Been searching around trying to find out what ppd to expect from it and found this:

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=110212

Looks like somewhere around 3600-4200ppd

Not bad considering the smp2 client can only utilize 300 or so stream processors

Cant wait until the new client comes out. Anyone heard new about it?

If you're looking for PPD, get an Nvidia card--they are much, much better.

G25r8cer

Im still folding guys. Torturing my psu and hoping it doesnt fail until I get my income tax

Got a nice OC going on my 8600gt

Capture-67.png

Drenlin

Mine keep failing...I can't figure out what the problem is. I'm not seeing any errors anywhere but I suspect I'm overheating. This computer has no temperature sensors, so I don't know for sure, but the cpu cooler was made for a cpu with half as much power as what's in it...

I mean it's not like my Celeron can contribute much anyway, but it'd be nice to at least be of some use, yaknow?

edit: Thought: Has anyone tried this on an xbox? I have an original 'box sitting in here unused...I could throw linux on it fairly easily. Wouldn't be very fast, but it does meet the minimum specs.

Last edited:

Buzz1927

Digaredd
What happened to all the i7 boys?? We're barely holding on to our position at the mo :mad: And I forgot how to get all 4 cores folding, bugger!

Drenlin

I'm considering putting together a beowulf cluster for this...I have several old machines just sitting here doing nothing. What would be the best way to do it?