Folding@Home: CF Official Discussion Thread

MyCattMaxx

i dont get what your talking about.

561 doesnt have anything to do with it anymore cos i am starting to fold 24/7.
we'll just see what i get. it really doesnt matter so what exactly is your problem? you just didnt understand what i was saying.

Good, I now have you folding 24/7

That was the point....

Kesava

then why didnt you just say that? haha

im also starting to run the SMP client at the same time. that should help out a bit too.

i also have my dads pc running the standard client.
its not on that much though haha

Kesava

well fahmon says total expected PPD is 6000 with the gpu and smp running. i really dont think ill make that much.
but we'll see.

haha how many ppd do you get? surely the PS3 would own me?

my cpu temps are alright for now... all 60 or less. but its a pretty cool day. when it gets hot it will be much worse.
gpu temps arent too bad either

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
haha how many ppd do you get? surely the PS3 would own me?

Click on the stats link in my sig. I used to average 3300+ PPD, but I've had some...ahem...issues lately.

my cpu temps are alright for now... all 60 or less. but its a pretty cool day. when it gets hot it will be much worse.
gpu temps arent too bad either

Sweet. If you can, run everything 24/7. I'd like to see where you max out.

Kesava

ok then here i come!!!!!!!
haha.
i really need something else to fold on. my cpu is now maxed out in a way..

Kesava

ok thats kinda strange:
sigimage.php

i have got 2,987 points today, but less then a thousand in my 24 hour average..
why is that? what exactly is the average then?
my all time average or something?

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
my all time average or something?

Take your total number of points and divide that by the amount of days you've been folding. That's your average. If you continue at your current rate, in a week or two, your average should be around 3500 - 4000.

:eek:

Kesava

im not using the smp anymore. cpu temps suck on hot days here.

but the gpu client should do well enough anyway haha

Kesava

ok i now have the gpu client and 2 console cpu clients folding.
i dont wanna use the smp cos then all 4 cores are running at 100% and get very hot.

i hate it how every time i go to the normal fah site to check stats its always updating haha. it sucks

Kesava

ah k.

well i folded all night i thing?
except this morning my computer was off cos the power cut off. but i think it was folding alll night judging by the fahlog.

sigimage.php

slowly getting better

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
yes i am good looking

Well, I doubt that. :p

Anyway, I just checked your stats and you're up to 3300 and some change today. Very good numbers.

Are you still running Vista? If yes, download the F@H Gadget. Very useful, IMO - even if you use FAHmon, it's still helpful. :)

Kesava

after many attempts at running it, i have decided not to use the fah client.
it takes too long :D
hahahha obviously it would be useful but i dont like the temps while running it and how long it takes. the gpu is nice and quick so i can watch its progress :D

i am considering running like 8 console cpu clients at the same time haha. not sure how many ppd id end up getting though

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
No, the gadget simply monitors your points. Install it - you'll see what I mean. If you don't like it, you can remove it from the sidebar. :)