Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Coming to Windows 10 For Free

Darren

Staff member
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FM6_Apex_Announce

So it looks like Microsoft is pushing a Windows 10 store as a gaming marketplace. Hopefully it's better than Games For Windows Live. *shudder*

I'm leery of the fact that it's free, but hopefully it's not too overboard with the microtransactions. IGN says it will have 60 cars at launch and that it's been confirmed that future Forza racing games will be developed for Windows also. That is good news, even if Apex is lame.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/01/forza-motorsport-6-apex-announced-free-to-play-on-pc

beers

Staff member
Damn, was hoping a similar F2P would be on the XB1.

I don't really want to reinstall W10 just for some extra Forza action :p

Darren

Staff member
Y U No Windows 10?

Apart from the mess that is automatic drivers... I love that feature and I despise that feature at the same time. Other than that I have pretty much zero complaints, but I also never used 8.1 and had come from 7.

Just make a little partition for it or something. :p Or swing by Lawrence and we can take a whack at it. I'll be interested to see how my machine handles it.

turbodiesel

Shame it's not a steam release, Microsoft need to realise that their store will not compete against origin and steam for pc gamers which is the precise reason why I removed that junk.

Rant over, regardless it is great news , forza on pc is a dream come true! :D

Darren

Staff member
Wondering when they'll drop it, seems a lot of digital releases end up being early.

I just got a nice surprise from AMD though. Just released a new driver for Forza 6 Apex with up to 27% increase in performance vs previous driver. No too shabby.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I looked at the size of that game and was like... nopeeee. Plus, the gameplay vids of it doesn't look too promising. I'll stick with my Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, and rFactor 2.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I did at one point, not a big fan of how they charge you subscription to play the game... AND charge you a left kidney for any of their tracks and cars outside of a freakin mazda.

The physics of the game is highly praised, but meh. Automobilista/Game Stock Car is better.

jevery

I've been playing it. Visually stunning and the frame rates are higher than on my xbox one, but I don't have a game controller and can't drive worth a damn with a keyboard. I use a wheel with Forza 6 - Hope they add wheel support soon.

spirit

Staff member
I've downloaded and installed it. Looking forward to playing it! I have an Xbox 360 controller so I'm all set to go!