Freeware List

TFT

VIP Member
Added :)

I've got the rest of the day off so I think I'm going to go do some freeware hunting and do a rather large update :D

=EDIT=

Split & Updated the Audio/Video sections, and filled up the first post :eek:

My opinion.
Don't let the list get too long, people will skim over it or not to bothered to read it. I would underline in the heading that all Freeware is not neccesarily shown, only the good and proven programs.
Once it turns into a long book people get bored. :)

Aastii

VIP Member
My opinion.
Don't let the list get too long, people will skim over it or not to bothered to read it. I would underline in the heading that all Freeware is not neccesarily shown, only the good and proven programs.

I agree, and that is why there are recommended programs.

I've not implemented them into the new parts of the list yet, from the programs there, I can't use them all personally, I can only go off what others have said about them. I also can't say in every section, because for instance, networking and making images are very weak points of mine, so for programs associated with those 2 things, I can't give a "This is a great program" because I don't necessarily know what makes it good, or why that certain aspect makes it good.

So, as a little request, anyone that either sees a program in the list that isn't highlighted and thinks it should be recommended, please say so, or offer programs that you think should be

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
My opinion.

Nonsense!

A huge freeware list anyone would like. ;)

Theres still alot of freeware out there that people do not know of,like the latest one i posted...i had never heard of it before and im guessing alot of people here had not either or they would have mentioned it,so its a must that we list as many as we know!

Last edited:

TFT

VIP Member
I agree, and that is why there are recommended programs.

I've not implemented them into the new parts of the list yet, from the programs there, I can't use them all personally, I can only go off what others have said about them. I also can't say in every section, because for instance, networking and making images are very weak points of mine, so for programs associated with those 2 things, I can't give a "This is a great program" because I don't necessarily know what makes it good, or why that certain aspect makes it good.

So, as a little request, anyone that either sees a program in the list that isn't highlighted and thinks it should be recommended, please say so, or offer programs that you think should be

Nonsense!

A huge freeware list anyone would like. ;)

Theres still alot of freeware out there that people do not know of,like the latest one i posted...i had never heard of it before and im guessing alot of people here had not either or they would have mentioned it,so its a must that we list as many as we know!

Nev is already beating me with a long bamboo stick :(

Let me start again, Your list is fantastic, taken a good deal of your time and effort and worthy of being a "sticky", all credit to you for taking the time to do it. There, that's the good bit over with :D

I think you know what I was getting at and in no way detracted from what you have done, as the list gets longer perhaps a different format to make it more appealing to the eyes? maybe sub category headings?:)

tremmor

like that one. sub category's. i was getting to post a chapter but either, or i don't know how he could do it. it would be nice to scroll down to say internet or windows utility or something similar. good idea though.

Aastii

VIP Member
Nev is already beating me with a long bamboo stick :(

Let me start again, Your list is fantastic, taken a good deal of your time and effort and worthy of being a "sticky", all credit to you for taking the time to do it. There, that's the good bit over with :D

I think you know what I was getting at and in no way detracted from what you have done, as the list gets longer perhaps a different format to make it more appealing to the eyes? maybe sub category headings?:)

like that one. sub category's. i was getting to post a chapter but either, or i don't know how he could do it. it would be nice to scroll down to say internet or windows utility or something similar. good idea though.

They already are in sub categories :confused:

Or do you mean, as an example, in the Video section, they would come under a heading of videos, then sub headings for video conversion, video editing, video recording etc?

Fatback

VIP Member
I don't know if this is relevant but, I found this site called ninite. It's got a list of freeware programs, and lets you pick the ones you want then download them from one installer. Comes in handy after doing a reinstall. I Thought maybe there was some on there that you didn't already have. I would check, but I'm too lazy:p

http://ninite.com/

TFT

VIP Member
They already are in sub categories :confused:

Or do you mean, as an example, in the Video section, they would come under a heading of videos, then sub headings for video conversion, video editing, video recording etc?

Yeah, that's what I meant, I also didn't want to create a page out of my comment either :eek: Forget I spoke :D

Last edited:

lucasbytegenius

Just wanted to point out a couple things:
  • Web Browsers are entered twice, once in the first post and once in the second.
  • Picasa is misspelled "Picassa".

Just a couple typos :p

lucasbytegenius

That's what I said! lol.
I said Picasa was misspelled "Picassa".
:confused:

BTW, MagicISO's link is broken ;)
Yeah we're lazy, we can't copy and paste into an address bar :p

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
That's what I said! lol.
I said Picasa was misspelled "Picassa".
:confused:

BTW, MagicISO's link is broken ;)
Yeah we're lazy, we can't copy and paste into an address bar :p

aah I see sorry, misread, thought you said it is misspelt with only 1 s :p

I've fixed both the typo and fixed the URL tags around magicISO, thanks :)