Freeware List

scolls

Hopefully this didn't get mentioned but a free program I use frequently is Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/

It's great if you have an iPhone or Android phone. You can download the Dropbox program onto your computer, transfer up to 2 gigs worth of files for free to the dropbox folder, and you can access your files on any other computer you have Dropbox. There is also a Dropbox app for Android and iPhone. It basically works like Apple's new iCloud.

scolls

Hopefully this didn't get mentioned but a free program I use frequently is Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/

It's great if you have an iPhone or Android phone. You can download the Dropbox program onto your computer, transfer up to 2 gigs worth of files for free to the dropbox folder, and you can access your files on any other computer you have Dropbox. There is also a Dropbox app for Android and iPhone. It basically works like Apple's new iCloud.

I forgot to mention you can access your files online and don't need to install the program on every computer you want to access files. You can go to dropbox.com and and log on and access your files from the main computer you saved them at.

zombine210

good software to organize music and videos?

i have about 4 users on my file server, each with their own music and video collections.

i want to put it all in one volume to share. i'm sure there are various formats and maybe duplicate songs. i'm also sure the file names do not match their content. is this doable?

Troncoso

VIP Member
Fences. Very simple program. If you just want to give your desktop some simple organization, this is awesome. Here's a screenshot of my desktop now:

fences.jpg

I darkened the different fences so you could see them better. I also left up the configuration screen so you can see you can adjust their look to your liking. You can also size them how you want and position them where you want:

fences2.jpg

When you drag an icon to a fence it automatically aligns them to a grid within the fence along with the rest of the icons there. Very nice for very simple desktop organization.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
added a link that contains legit windows 7 ISO download locations. very useful for those that have lost or need installation media.

GAF

Hello may I ask if you are allowed to re-dispute this if there is a link to the original topic?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
This freeware tool is brilliant if you want to move installed Steam games from one Hard drive to another without loosing save game files or corrupting anything..

SteamTool Library Manager 1.1

http://www.stefanjones.ca/steam/

Saves all the manual work. :)

BlasterMaster

Ad-Aware?

Do you still recomend Ad-Aware?

I used to have it for a while, and then I noticed sluggishness on my computer since about a year ago. It was the same time as it was saying I needed to update Ad-Aware. The problem was, every time I clicked to update it, it would just stall and do nothing. About a month ago, I went to start a new download of it, and ran across some perturbing information. About the same time I was having these issues, Lavasoft was bought by some shady characters. It was the same people that actually tried to sell the free version of Ad-Aware with support that was non-existant. I decided then to uninstall Ad-Aware, and the sluggishness issues did go away. I ended up not installing any new wersion of Ad-Aware.