Freeze for 2 seconds in-game, game catches up, CPU usage drop, cause?

Spiros94

Hi, it went well. With Windows 10 at least. I originally reinstalled Windows 7 but some issues kept popping around like vcruntime_140.dll missing all the time no matter what I did so I eventually upgraded to Windows 10 since that installation is overall faster I think. Everything seems to be fine, except for one thing. There are 3 games that I've had on my computers for a few years, namely Command And Conquer Tiberium Wars 3, Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3. Now those have worked on Windows 10 with an Nvidia GPU and on Windows 7 with the currently installed AMD GPU. Now, however, they give me an error every time I try to start any of them, saying Exception In Exception Handler (if I remember correctly). I've looked it up and it's happened to many people but no one seems to have a fix that works for every one. I don't think this is the right place to ask, since the thread is for a whole new thing, but thought I'd just mention it in case one of you is familiar with the issue and knows a sure-fire way to fix it. If not I'll just start a new thread I guess and go from there. Have a nice day either way! :)