Just checked my download and it is:
SetupImgBurn2.5.8.0_inst(1) application
SetupImgBurn2.5.8.0_inst(2) application
SetupImgBurn2.5.8.0_inst.exe.gaz9pz3 partial D/L
Does this tell you anything?
A USB connection.

Yes they just quit working.

Trix

Should I d/l again from the link voyagerfan provided and try again on a new DVD?

Gonna burn a new DVD and see if that helps.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
This is what your windows 7 dvd should look like when viewing the files on it.

Not sure where you are getting the imgburn log from.

Trix

In other words, I go to computer, then downloads, and that is what it shows pertaining to the particular subject.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As long as the program installed correctly you should have no problem. And it would tell you if it didn't.

Trix

After three attempts to install a new drive with no success, I'll keep using what I have. Although I am warned that it is failing, it has never performed better. Next time I post, it will be from a new PC. Let's note the time frame.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
After three attempts to install a new drive with no success, I'll keep using what I have. Although I am warned that it is failing, it has never performed better. Next time I post, it will be from a new PC. Let's note the time frame.

Now what problem are you having? You're really making this a lot harder than it really is.

ninjabubbles3

You seem unwilling to get help, however much people try to help you, you just give up and get a new PC. It's not worth getting a whole new PC, when its just a hard drive. Honestly, install the new hard drive, then worry about windows. Worst case scenario, if you dont want to burn discs, buy a new copy of windows and insert that into the dvd drive

Trix

Now what problem are you having? You're really making this a lot harder than it really is.

Well, as I posted earlier, I replaced the drive, ran the newly burned DVD of Windows, which downloaded the files, and then the keyboard and mouse quit working. So just what did I do to impede the simple installation?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Well, as I posted earlier, I replaced the drive, ran the newly burned DVD of Windows, which downloaded the files, and then the keyboard and mouse quit working. So just what did I do to impede the simple installation?

You were complaining about so many different things that I couldn't tell what your problem was this time.

Punk

Staff member

Are you using a bought keyboard or the one that came with your computer?

It did that to me when I re-installed Windows once, because the drivers for the new keyboard wasn't installed. Using the keyboard/mouse that came with the computer did the trick.

Geoff

VIP Member
So the mouse worked fine during the initial setup? You would have had to use it to even get to the downloading files stage.

Did the mouse and keyboard quit working during the install, or after the install finished and you booted into the OS? Did you try unplugging and replugging in the keyboard and mouse? Use a different USB port?

Trix

Are you using a bought keyboard or the one that came with your computer?

It did that to me when I re-installed Windows once, because the drivers for the new keyboard wasn't installed. Using the keyboard/mouse that came with the computer did the trick.

Right! I replaced the keyboard because the original one quit working. I have a HP mouse but can't remember if it is a replacement.

So the mouse worked fine during the initial setup? You would have had to use it to even get to the downloading files stage.

Did the mouse and keyboard quit working during the install, or after the install finished and you booted into the OS? Did you try unplugging and replugging in the keyboard and mouse? Use a different USB port?

The mouse and keyboard quit working right after the install. The screen to select language and all appeared, then it quit. I tried using the other ports.

lol - to what problem I am now having.

Last edited by a moderator: