FS: Minature Desktop Computer (3.8" High)

Gareth

I have listed another Micro-Desktop for sale on eBay, priced at $509.99, This is unlike any other PC I have found on eBay, measuring just [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 8.0"x3.8"x10.7"[/FONT]. It is a Micro-ITX computer. Also, there are 5 available!

The computer spec is

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VIA nanoBGA C7 Processor[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1GB of DDR2 System Memory[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]250GB SATA Hard Disk Drive[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DVD-ROM/CD-RW Slim Combo Drive[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6x USB 2.0 Ports[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Windows XP Home Edition SP2
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dual 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet
TV Tuner with Remote Control
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 Audio Ports

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Gareth

Erm, its probably not as fast, I am presuming it would be around the speed of an EEE PC.

Nightrain

how does that processor compare to a core 2 duo?

Performance wise I don't see it being anywhere near a Core2. The via chips are low power chips as well, and most compete with the Celeron M chips IIRC.

They aren't going to be a powerhouse, but it will do its job, and do so without a huge power draw.

oregon

So is VIA a large company? I've never heard of them. I always thought AMD and Intel were the only consumer processor companies

Gareth

VIA usually make the processors for systems which are as energy efficient as possible. They're quite big, Everex use them quite often.

Gareth

I made a listing error, from what I believe, it is actually 1.5GHz, not 1GHz. Also, it is 22nm in size.

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Via makes many low end chipsets, and some extremely low powered CPUs. It's a pretty good desktop if you have a TV tuner in it.

Nightrain

Via really hit their niche with the extremely small boards and low power draw. Nano-ITX and mITX and such are extremely small, and you can fit systems in extremely small rigs/spaces.

They are a good company and make good products. They don't aim to be up there with AMD/Intel. I've been thinking about getting one of their board/cpu's for a sff build, but I will have to pass on a prebuilt. But very cool that he put all that into such a small package.

Gareth

I have been thinking about a TV Tuner, infact, ill add one to sweeten the deal a bit.

edit:
Just added a TV tuner, and put that small case back on after finding out that the TV tuner will fit into the small case.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
ew vista is on that thing? Does it even run since Vista is so resource hungry and requires all kinds of multi media instruction sets, be it sse or whatever.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Huh, I swore it read Vista Home Premium, oh well, I must have had a slip of dyslexia or something.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Also, you should mention it's multimedia capabilities. I see it as mainly a HTPC, assuming it's pretty quiet.

ANNR

59 for shipping? maybe less than half..... that may attract more potential buyers.

Gareth

$59 shipping, where are you to get that amount? Ill make sure it went through.

The shipping is calculated with the USPS calculator dependent on your zip code.

I put 2 to 3 weeks, just in case there is any problems with the build (if it fails the tests etc) so then there is enough time to get replacements in and built before the customer gets angry and leaving negative feedback, and that usually includes ship time also. However, if the first build is successful, it should be 1 1/2 weeks tops usually.

I will add note for the media center capabilities on it.

Last edited:

Gareth

That $59 shipping is overnight, If you would like to see the standard shipping rates, please enter your country and postal code.