FS: Minature Desktop Computer (3.8" High)

Kill Bill

It has a case fan on it, id refuse to sell one without a fan, what I meant was, would it be worth it to put one on which is quieter? As the one which comes with the case is quite noisy. Ill edit the message above before others get confused by it. :p

Get a quite fan but put lots of thermal cooling in it:) Also why not put in a 5200fx with a small fan;)

Gareth

Indeed, Ill have a see what FX Graphics cards there are which are low profile. I will use some Acrtic Silver Thermal paste for the CPU also and a Zalman case fan.

Edit, id have to keep the 7200GS for 1 reason, and that reason is there are only 2 PCI slots on the board, and both are in use by TV Tuner and Sound Card.

Last edited:

Kill Bill

+ a small cpu cooler. (even if it is crap once it spins a bit);) In the summer I might start building computers too. ATM I'm pricing everything but what makes it unique most is that I'm building the case and I want to make it very oc'able = lots of fans but small space

Gareth

What id do is give the 3rd party processor fan an option, so then they can just add it when buying. No problem about not replying :)

tlarkin

VIP Member
Your right. Dells the best in the world!! I know you would love dell:D :rolleyes:

People hello your forgetting something.
Dells and HP Cases are huge and are tower size. He should be selling them more because a dell pc with the specs he has would be 369 - 450$ and that be a big ugly tower that is brandmarked with dell all over it whilst this guys one is pretty cheap as hes putting all the hardware into a small case so IMO hes doing brilliant;).

Suggestions:
1. If your trying to do media centre dont give them mobos with indergrated graphics or intel ones. I seen a mobo that gives ATI x700 prebuilt in one. If you can get them type it would be alot better.

2. Sell matching big 20 - 30inch monitors (sell in diff listings) with them as your going media centre and everone wants big monitors to watch the season finale of lost or greys anathomy.

3. Dont give them windows. Give them linux or Kubuntu and if they want windows pre-installed charge them the price of what windows your going to buy and add 5% onto it. (This also means you give them the cd/dvd aswell as the key (you have to stick it onto the case)

Fine get a Mac mini, its a better buy and comes with better more reliable service and warranty.

Kill Bill

Fine get a Mac mini, its a better buy and comes with better more reliable service and warranty.

macs come with tv tuners? maybe on a pro but not on a mini. Opps no apple wants you too pay another 299 for apple tv:p I love apple but them only giving tv turners on prob mac pros is silly

tlarkin

VIP Member
Fine go buy a shuttle, I was just listing the first compact PC that came to mind. Like I said, before, companies will be better than anything this guy can do because their service and warranty will be much better than his, and more reliable.

How many people want to buy a product from a teenager, when instead for the same price or cheaper than can buy from an established company?

Gareth

Your arguments constantly conflict or simply do not stand up to scrutiny. Firstly, you told everyone on another listing I am more expensive than established companies like Dell and HP are and that they should buy from them, which is pure fantasy; I am cheaper than equivalent products from either of these manufacturers! Furthermore, you then contradict that argument here by telling people to buy from Apple, who are hideously expensive and far more costly than either me or the other companies you have mentioned. The Mac mini is not comparable to my product anyway.
What “problem” do you have with me and the items I am trying to sell exactly? Does everyone selling computers get this treatment from you or have you saved this unreserved spate of unsubstantiated criticism especially for me. Have you had a bad experience in the past with buying computers from eBay and made it your mission to try to discredit every single one of them, or do you just hate me?
One of your “big issues” seems to be after-sales service and support. I have a good feedback rating on eBay, better than many other vendors here do, and yet you appear to be on a mission to stop me selling anything. Although I cannot claim to be one of the large businesses you speak so well of, since when has their support been so wonderful anyway? One only need read look at the countless consumer protection organizations out there to see evidence of this. HP, Dell and/or their resellers are all guilty of offering bad support and unsatisfactory results for countless customers!
My customers have access to myself through eBay, MSN, AIM, Skype and even this forum- I am directly accountable; they even know my address! Companies can collapse, but I will be here to answer questions from my customers and help them with their problems until I pass away!
I apologize for what has been an exceptionally long reply (one might even call it a rant) but I am getting tired of this constant barrage of negative nonsense. If you can provide evidence from authoritative sources to backup your arguments I will gladly entertain them; I am not deaf to constructive criticism or well-founded concerns.
The Mac mini is not comparable to my system in specification or price and conflicts with your previous arguments on my other listings. The Mac mini does not have dedicated graphics memory, even half of the storage space or RAM or a sound card. Oh and its $160 more (see Apple Store U.S. online, Mac Mini Super Drive model).

Many Regards,
Gareth Hale.

Last edited:

Kill Bill

What problem do you have with me and the items I am trying to sell exactly? Does everyone on eBay selling computers get this treatment from you or have you saved this unreserved spate of unsubstantiated criticism especially for me? Have you had a bad experience in the past with buying computers from eBay and made it your mission to try and discredit every single one of them, or do you just hate me?
Your arguments constantly conflict or simply don't stand up to scrutiny. Firstly you tell everyone I'm more expensive than established companies like Dell and HP and that they should buy from them, which is pure fantasy; I'm cheaper than equivalent products from either of these manufacturers! Furthermore, you then contradict that argument here by telling people to buy from Apple, who are hideously expensive and far more costly than either me or the other companies you've mentioned.
I have a good feedback rating on eBay, better than many other vendors here and yet you appear to be on a mission to stop me selling anything, by assassinating my character and making comparison that simply are not true! As regards support, although I cannot claim to be a large business since when has their support be excellent anyway? One only need read look at the countless consumer protection organizations out there to see evidence of this. HP, Dell and/or their resellers are all guilty of offering bad support and unsatisfactory results for countless customers! My customers have access to myself through eBay, MSN, AIM, Skype and the telephone. They even know my address! Companies can collapse, and they do collapse but, unless I should pass away, I will be here to answer questions from my customers and help them with their problems.
Sorry for an exceptionally long reply (one might even call it a rant) but I'm getting tired of this constant barrage of negative nonsense. If you can provide evidence from authoritative sources to backup your arguments I will gladly entertain them; I am not deaf to constructive criticism or well-founded concerns.

The Mac mini is not comparable to my system in specification or price and conflicts with your previous arguments on my other listings.

Regards,
Gareth Hale.
:eek: :D

funkysnair

VIP Member
Your arguments constantly conflict or simply do not stand up to scrutiny. Firstly, you told everyone on another listing I am more expensive than established companies like Dell and HP are and that they should buy from them, which is pure fantasy; I am cheaper than equivalent products from either of these manufacturers! Furthermore, you then contradict that argument here by telling people to buy from Apple, who are hideously expensive and far more costly than either me or the other companies you have mentioned. The Mac mini is not comparable to my product anyway.
What “problem” do you have with me and the items I am trying to sell exactly? Does everyone selling computers get this treatment from you or have you saved this unreserved spate of unsubstantiated criticism especially for me. Have you had a bad experience in the past with buying computers from eBay and made it your mission to try to discredit every single one of them, or do you just hate me?
One of your “big issues” seems to be after-sales service and support. I have a good feedback rating on eBay, better than many other vendors here do, and yet you appear to be on a mission to stop me selling anything. Although I cannot claim to be one of the large businesses you speak so well of, since when has their support been so wonderful anyway? One only need read look at the countless consumer protection organizations out there to see evidence of this. HP, Dell and/or their resellers are all guilty of offering bad support and unsatisfactory results for countless customers!
My customers have access to myself through eBay, MSN, AIM, Skype and even this forum- I am directly accountable; they even know my address! Companies can collapse, but I will be here to answer questions from my customers and help them with their problems until I pass away!
I apologize for what has been an exceptionally long reply (one might even call it a rant) but I am getting tired of this constant barrage of negative nonsense. If you can provide evidence from authoritative sources to backup your arguments I will gladly entertain them; I am not deaf to constructive criticism or well-founded concerns.
The Mac mini is not comparable to my system in specification or price and conflicts with your previous arguments on my other listings. The Mac mini does not have dedicated graphics memory, even half of the storage space or RAM or a sound card. Oh and its $160 more (see Apple Store U.S. online, Mac Mini Super Drive model).

Many Regards,
Gareth Hale.

yes mate i know what you are trying to do with your products and i say go for it mate!

some people will discredit you but at the end of the day its your mind you use it, dont follow the other sheep :)

just a noob

Fine go buy a shuttle, I was just listing the first compact PC that came to mind. Like I said, before, companies will be better than anything this guy can do because their service and warranty will be much better than his, and more reliable.

How many people want to buy a product from a teenager, when instead for the same price or cheaper than can buy from an established company?
what the hell is your problem with him trying to build computers?

SirKenin

banned
I think you're looking at it wrong. He might not have said it in the most objective fashion, but then again I'm not exactly known for my PC postings either.

The facts remain:

You're an amateur
Your ebay listings look the "I'm an amateur" part
Your prices are too high
Your quality is too low
People have no incentive to buy off you... except maybe other kids.
You're hoping to make a quick buck like all the rest of the hosers out there.

tlarkin and I come at it from a different perspective. We deal with the people who buy off people like you. We hear all the crap. We're trying to help you and them. You don't want to listen. You think you've got it all sewn up. You configure a system, out of mediocre parts, take their money, wait for it to be transfered out of your Paypal account, use the money to go to your local computer store or whatever, sell it and three weeks later they might actually get it.

It's a piss poor way of doing business and you're a poser. If you can't deal with it, that's fine... But don't bash tlarkin for being honest.

funkysnair

VIP Member
yeh-dont bash cos its rude lol....

yeh i notice some things i would have done different if it was my self! but its the manner in which things are to be said!!

just a noob

will it really fit in my pocket...? lol that is ia serious question, if it does i just might have to save up to buy one =\

funkysnair

VIP Member
i have just been on there website, man they got some small motherboards-

i know the via chips arnt the best but they arnt in competition with intel or amd they seem to be aiming for a different market!

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
With all due respect, most of the computers you're selling are very low quality. You should focus on higher end builds using the latest mid to high range components. A good pricing model would be Cost + 15%. This would allow, roughly, 5-6 % for associated Ebay and PayPal fees, and possibly 9-10% profit. If a PC costs you $1,000 to build, you'd sell it for $1,150, for example. I don't think that's unreasonable. Make it very clear to your customers that you're offering *limited* support and ship the products faster. Three weeks is ridiculous.

The pocket PC you're marketing is extremely underpowered and way overpriced. In fact, stay completely away from VIA products. You can build a quality, quiet HTPC with an Intel or AMD chip, using a mATX mobo. Playing online games and using that pocket PC as a media center, is, at best, a strech. I'm assuming the integrated graphics are awful on that board.

I admire the fact that you're 17 and attempting to start a business. I wish you the best of luck. The Q9300 build was a good idea, but you're not going to make any money selling those < $500 computers. Focus on good quality HTPC products and gaming rigs. ;)