Funny?????

Trizoy

VIP Member
DOS bad? No... DOS is like Elementary school... everybody did it, no-one remembers it, and without out where would we be? DOS is the most basic line mode which older windows used to run. DOS worked fine if you new the fine intricacies. I think we owe a moment of silence to DOS.

Trizoy

VIP Member
Of coarse we use it.. Well I do. Reformating and partitioning hard drives, copying files to fix computer (takes forever) and other junk. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Trizoy said:
DOS bad? No... DOS is like Elementary school... everybody did it, no-one remembers it, and without out where would we be? DOS is the most basic line mode which older windows used to run. DOS worked fine if you new the fine intricacies. I think we owe a moment of silence to DOS.

LOL

You need to go back and use DOS 6.22. ..not the stripped down, can't do a damn thing version we find the current os's. Anyway, its a command prompt language which you might equate to "Elementary", but it is far from Elementary. Believe it or not, many businesses still use DOS. Someone earlier said it was unstable, they were wrong. Today, all we want is GUI this, GUI that... I still like to work in the command line mode whenever Im on my Linux machine. The Last version of DOS was released in 1993.. not THAT long ago... even in the world of computers you still need to wait before you set aside a moment to watch DOS ride off into the sunset.

Anyway, anybody remember the program Stacker? :eek: <- Microsoft

Trizoy

VIP Member
I will personally back SFR up on the current use of the basic line mode. I work everyday with LINUX line mode, and get this ... im not even in the computer business. The truth is the linux line mode is :eek: SO :eek: much faster to create my companies product. Line mode literally cuts our wait time by 75%. Our customers can create their own using a GUI interface, which is.. you guessed it SLOW.