Gaming Comp $1k-$3k

daisymtc

thx for all the help so far, i got most of it..but missing a few things:

Mobo: EVGA 122-CK-NF67-T1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i LT SLI
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813188015

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819115003
w/ AS5 & ZALMAN 9700 LED http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16835118019

RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820145034

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817153043

GPU: EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130072

OS and Games HD: Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16822136012

Storage HD: Seagate Barracuda ES ST3750640NS 750GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16822148152

mouse/keyboard: G7 & G15

Monitor: Hanns·G JC-199DPB Black 19" 8ms
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824254009
this or maybe something bigger

Speaker: Logitech X-230
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16836121123

Headset: iCEMAT Black Siberia
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16836508101

Soundcard: ?

Optical Drives: ? looking for something that can burn & play dvd's & cd's

Case: still looking....

so far it come to about $2300, so i still got a little more room for improvements

Get a bigger monitor, good sound card and speaker.

Ahaha he doesn't want piece of crap parts, and you aren't counting the real price, you're putting the items with the price after rebate which won't happen till like what, 1 month after he receives the components?

Nobody would buy cheap ass parts like a mouse for 6$, a 2.1 speakers for 41$, a case that probably wouldn't fit the GTX and if it did it wouldn't have enough air flow, but if you want to dream that somebody is going to spend 1120$( 1060 after mail in rebate) in just 2 graphic cards, and buy such a lame parts as the mentioned above, then you need something to fix your problem

Piece of crap parts?!?!!?!? These are top-brand parts!!!

For the mouse, I don't see the point in spending $50 on a mouse. Mine was $15 off ebay, and it's only that much because it's wireless.

The speakers are phenomenal, I have the bigger-brother to those, the X-530's, and the sound quality is amazing. Obviously with 238 reviews and a 5-egg rating, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I have a different version of that case (its silver, not blue), and it too is a phenomenal case. It has a front 80mm fan and a rear 120mm fan. Again, with almost 400 reviews and a 5-egg average, and over 1,000 reviews (and of course, 5-eggs) on the silver case (which is exactly the same, just a different color), the airflow and space isn't an issue.

The parts above are not lame, and if I had the money, I would gladly buy that computer. You're just nitpicking at every little thing, too afraid to admit that you were wrong. Sure, some things could be changed, and no, that price is not how much money you would need to front, but it is how much you'll ultimately end up paying (minus shipping), and is an excellent machine for the price. Honestly, grow up.

Also, the Hans-G monitor is fabulous. It has a good contrast ratio, and excellent picture quality (I have the HW191D), and even on VGA it's crystal clear. Highly recommended. Sceptre is also recommended.

P.S.- I know the response is kind of late, but I've not been able to check CF for the past few days.

chupacabra

Piece of crap parts?!?!!?!? These are top-brand parts!!!

For the mouse, I don't see the point in spending $50 on a mouse. Mine was $15 off ebay, and it's only that much because it's wireless.

The speakers are phenomenal, I have the bigger-brother to those, the X-530's, and the sound quality is amazing. Obviously with 238 reviews and a 5-egg rating, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I have a different version of that case (its silver, not blue), and it too is a phenomenal case. It has a front 80mm fan and a rear 120mm fan. Again, with almost 400 reviews and a 5-egg average, and over 1,000 reviews (and of course, 5-eggs) on the silver case (which is exactly the same, just a different color), the airflow and space isn't an issue.

The parts above are not lame, and if I had the money, I would gladly buy that computer. You're just nitpicking at every little thing, too afraid to admit that you were wrong. Sure, some things could be changed, and no, that price is not how much money you would need to front, but it is how much you'll ultimately end up paying (minus shipping), and is an excellent machine for the price. Honestly, grow up.

Also, the Hans-G monitor is fabulous. It has a good contrast ratio, and excellent picture quality (I have the HW191D), and even on VGA it's crystal clear. Highly recommended. Sceptre is also recommended.

P.S.- I know the response is kind of late, but I've not been able to check CF for the past few days.

Mouse/keyboard are the "piece of crap" parts, the rest is good/okay, btw prices changed so now the build is over 260$ from what you posted, even after the mail in rebate isn't enough.

Basing on 5* reviews from sites is like, believing some guy at your local best buy or circuit city when they say those are the best parts, etc, however if more than one guy you trust suggest you a product then it means it's good (as long as they've use it/own it).

Nothing personal but wtf with you suggesting getting linux LOL, you can barely play on linux, so why buy 2 8800gtx if he can't/won't be playing that much.

I would've been offended about the "grow up" if you were someone that i respect, but since you're just another user i don't give a damm about what you think about me.

He wants a bigger monitor, since he'll be playing a lot, btw if you were so experience as you say you would've know that the evga mobos have problems handling more than 2gb on their lowest models, only the A1 is capable of handling over 4gb, with a driver update of course.

Last thing, if you're going to lie at least make a better excuse, because you came the next day after i posted my last post on this thread, around 7am, then you logged off and now you're saying that you haven't been "able" to check CF at all.

Last edited:

ADE

banned
Don't forget shipping! even if you get all the parts to match up at 3K exact, the shipping will be a few $100....or less, but still more! You absolutely must include shipping so as to be accurate. if you don't, then all your help to him is crap and mind as well be thrown back at your face to realize how pitiful fools you all are .

Don't forget shipping! even if you get all the parts to match up at 3K exact, the shipping will be a few $100....or less, but still more! You absolutely must include shipping so as to be accurate. if you don't, then all your help to him is crap and mind as well be thrown back at your face to realize how pitiful fools you all are .

Shipping would be about $100 max...

Mouse/keyboard are the "piece of crap" parts, the rest is good/okay, btw prices changed so now the build is over 260$ from what you posted, even after the mail in rebate isn't enough.

Basing on 5* reviews from sites is like, believing some guy at your local best buy or circuit city when they say those are the best parts, etc, however if more than one guy you trust suggest you a product then it means it's good (as long as they've use it/own it).

Nothing personal but wtf with you suggesting getting linux LOL, you can barely play on linux, so why buy 2 8800gtx if he can't/won't be playing that much.

He wants a bigger monitor, since he'll be playing a lot, btw if you were so experience as you say you would've know that the evga mobos have problems handling more than 2gb on their lowest models, only the A1 is capable of handling over 4gb, with a driver update of course.

Just because a mouse and keyboard don't cost alot, doesn't mean they are pieces of crap. So they don't have as many features as a $100 mouse. Doesn't mean it's a piece of crap.

Ok, so, prices changed. If you cared that much, I could go through and replace it with parts that are now cheaper than they were before.

I suggested Linux because I personaly don't want to, and wouldn't, pay over $100 for a crappy OS (Vista). At the very least, I would suggest WinXP...

As for the monitor thing...I was just saying that HannsG monitors aren't crap, and they're not a "cheap" brand. Same with Sceptre. Also, just because some eVGA boards have problems with more than 2gb of RAM, in general they are very reliable and solid, hence why I chose it. Besides, how do you know that a majority of the boards have problems with more than 2gb of RAM? Because I'm sure people always post on the internet when their parts work perfectly... [/sarcasm]

Last thing, if you're going to lie at least make a better excuse, because you came the next day after i posted my last post on this thread, around 7am, then you logged off and now you're saying that you haven't been "able" to check CF at all.

I'm not lying...I keep CF open always as a tab, so as long as I'm on the internet (ie, Opera is open) I'll show up as logged into CF. Today has been the first day in a few days that I have had the time to relax and broswse around. However, I don't need to explain myself to you...I've been busy, and although I do like CF alot, I don't dedicate every waking second I have to CF.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Just because a mouse and keyboard don't cost alot, doesn't mean they are pieces of crap. So they don't have as many features as a $100 mouse. Doesn't mean it's a piece of crap.

I suggested Linux because I personaly don't want to, and wouldn't, pay over $100 for a crappy OS (Vista). At the very least, I would suggest WinXP...

Also, just because some eVGA boards have problems with more than 2gb of RAM, in general they are very reliable and solid, hence why I chose it. Besides, how do you know that a majority of the boards have problems with more than 2gb of RAM? Because I'm sure people always post on the internet when their parts work perfectly... [/sarcasm]

I'm not lying...I keep CF open always as a tab, so as long as I'm on the internet (ie, Opera is open) I'll show up as logged into CF. Today has been the first day in a few days that I have had the time to relax and broswse around. However, I don't need to explain myself to you...I've been busy, and although I do like CF alot, I don't dedicate every waking second I have to CF.

Evga hasn't fix the lowest models, if you have build a new pc with a mobo with a chipset 680i and 4gb ram you would have know that most of those mobos weren't able to handled the 4gb when it was out, now like a 30% of all the mobos out there can do it.

CF only refresh times when you click into a link, even if you left it as a tab (as a i do too) it wouldn't update your last visit time unless you click/refresh a page but w/e.