Gaming pc memory problem

Lee Williams

I do online gaming, I play fortnite a lot an my pc keeps crashing an says out of video memory trying to allocate a texture. I’ve got plenty of memory an my pc is up to date. I also have plenty of ram. Some please help me.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What video card are you using? This error has nothing to do with your system memory.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You got the correct driver installed for it? Other than that can you try the card in another computer? Might be a bad card.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any other applications open at the same time? What do you have the game settings set at? You might have to turn them down. Can you post a screenshot of device manager with the display adapter section opened up?

Lee Williams

No I never have anything else running. I turn the pc on an let it load for a few minutes then I open fortnite an play. I also have bad frame drops.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What about the screenshot of device manager? Just want to make sure you are actually getting output from the video card and not onboard video. What exact power supply are you using?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure what your issue is then. Might have to take it in to have it diagnosed. Only so much we can do through a forum.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The hdmi must be plugged into the video card. What are the rest of the system specs? What motherboard, cpu and how much memory do you have?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Good specs. Not sure whats going on though. Has the games worked ok before or have you had this problem since the beginning?