Gateway nv53a Freezes

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it could be an issue with the hard drive or an installed program. You may have to back up your data and do a fresh install of windows. Something like this is hard to track down. You said it didn't freeze up in safe mode, means it could be a software issue with an installed program. So you'll have to take it in to have it diagnosed or try a fresh install of windows. I wished I could be more help.

acoers

well hey john you defantly help me with this issue. I know you can only do so much when your on the internet, but it sure has helped. So ill have to bring it in and see whats wrong with it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That is an option if you would want me to. Download and install teamviewer and then all I would need is your ID number and password.

www.teamviewer.com

Click on where it says "start full version, its free"

i'll be up for a little while longer, you can email me your id and password to

Last edited:

acoers

That is an option if you would want me to. Download and install teamviewer and then all I would need is your ID number and password.

www.teamviewer.com

Click on where it says "start full version, its free"

i'll be up for a little while longer, you can email me your id and password to

just sent you an email

Last edited by a moderator:

acoers

hey john havent been on here for awhiel cause the latops been good. Well here recently I checked the windows update to make sure it was updated. Well its coming up that i cant update because the services are not installed. Any idea why this is going on?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do this. Click on start and in the search box type "services" without the quotes and hit enter. Find the service Windows Update and double click on it. What is the service status and the startup type?

acoers

Do this. Click on start and in the search box type "services" without the quotes and hit enter. Find the service Windows Update and double click on it. What is the service status and the startup type?
Went to the services and looked down the list and don't even see a windows update. Say if you want you can do that a remote access and check it out like you did before if that will help you. My email is [email protected] if you wanna talk to me that way.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So you don't have this listed?

services_zps82dbe1c1.jpg

Try the fixit program here.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If the issue hasn't been fixed then click on hasn't been fixed and click on next and continue on and see what happens.

acoers

it looks like I'm suppose to go to the internet and look for solutions. It brings me to these two pages.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The only other thing I can think of is to rerun your malware scanners to check for infections, malwarebytes, combofix, online eset scan. You may be forced to do a reinstall of windows. Some infections will screw up windows update.