Getting 4850 - anyone want a Sapphire 3870?

linkin

VIP Member
My 4850 is due to arrive this week or monday next week. So if anyone wants my Sapphire 3870 post here or PM me. I've not decided whether it's first in best dressed or whether it's going to be a best offer type of thing.
I'll ship it in the packaging from my 4850, along with any accessories from the 4850 i don't need or will ever use... example being a DVI>HDMI adapter or the 6-pin power adapter.

Here's the link for my 3870:

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=0001&pid=170

Also note, I removed the stock TIM and replaced it with IC7. It overclocks nice from 776 core to 850 and from 900 mem to 950 (double for DDR) and that's only with Ati Overdrive. It could go further but I haven't tried. :good:

Aastii

VIP Member
more out of interest at the minute, but what is shipping like to UK, with you being on the other side of the planet and all :p

I may have the money for it in a couple of weeks if you still have it is why i ask

linkin

VIP Member
I'm not sure. I'll check on Australia Post website. Might be a bit more than normal seeing as it's a box and weighs around 0.5kg.
my 4850 hasn't shipped yet. :(

EDIT:
Airmail: $18.70 AU
Registered Int'l (also airmail): $23.90 AU

Shouldn't be more than 12 pounds for shipping. Registered itn'l has online tracking and sign on delivery. I guess it's up to you.
just note that it will be shipped in the box from my 4850. so don't get excited when it arrives :D

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
it is just about exactly 2AUD to 1GBP, so that is £37ish.

When my EMA EVENTUALLY starts coming through i may be interested, but don't hold onto it or anything because it may be a few days, it may be a month or more

linkin

VIP Member
alirghty then, i might just put it on ebay if nobody else is interested before my 4850 gets here.

linkin

VIP Member
Bump, my 4850 is waiting at the post office for me to collect tomorrow. the 3870 is now available! $50 AU and it's yours including shipping. Whoever PM's me first will be the winner.

linkin

VIP Member
$42.62 USD according to the current paypal exchange rate. If you want it PM me with your address and i'll respond with my paypal.

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
What resolution do you game at? I got 25-45 (45 in some less featured areas) at 1280x1024 in crysis on high settings.
If you don't want it, tell me and it's straight of to ebay.

87dtna

1600x1200 with 4x/4x typically.

This sounds about the same as an 8800gt I have. Like I said, if it was 1gb I'd bite, but not for the 512.

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
I'll go with that but i need my 4850 to arrive first. It should be here tomorrow.
If it's any longer i'm going to start a paypal dispute, i've been waiting for it to arrive for 2 weeks and the seller seldom tries to contact me.

linkin

VIP Member
Absolute last chance. If it isn't sold by tomorrow, then my brother will gladly have it for $50 so i can get a new case.